blue channel catfish hybrids

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, Aug 5, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was diiging the post below on the hybrids look at my avatar, is this a hybrid blue, lol im not dumb its got the anal fin of a blue and stuff and teeth but , it seems hybrids are popular wen they stock resavors, also look at , boc bro of mine chicogo, his is frompowertone also, hes on my freinds list holding it,same thing dark biger head but slops, long anal fin

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Cant really tell from the picture , but someone on here will have the eye of a hawk and tell you the answer I am sure . What part of Illinois are from ?

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've had experience with hybrids but I would need to see it up close to be able to identify it..They look so much like blues a pic won't tell the whole story..Sorry..

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Trying to see this but the avatar isn't all that clear.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It is a blue cat that has changed color from being out of the water to long.

You have a better chance of getting hit by a meteor than catching a hybrid blue.

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I am curious to these hybrid fish, but regardless of anything else it is a nice looking specimen. Congrats on the catch!

7. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm not sure if its a hybrid, but I know for a fact that mine fought like HELL.!!:smile2: Although I have been catching some channel cats in the fox river unlike any that I've ever seen. Their heads and mouths are super wide, almost like flatheads. Strange.

Either way, I may go try to wrestle some Blues out of powerton tomorrow. . . or Blue/Channel hybrids. I'm gonna try a new bait on them. Apparently the Jumbo Perch are hitting in lake michigan, about 20 min from my house. I know that Perch are good eatin', but we'll see if the Blues agree!!! :smile2::smile2:

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i think their blues but, they were stocked so im not shure i hear that the hybrids are called blues wen they stock a lake, in my album you can see all of the pics up close and look at nicks right above me, same lake

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i can tell where nicks pic was taken by the tower in the rear.:wink: old powerton.

10. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah but can you tell where I caught this one yesterday?!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:. By the way, blue catfish DO like jumbo perch. Mystery solved.

Attached Files:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The ones your talking about the wide head is just male channel cats. Bet there also Thinner in the body also?
    I for one have never seen a hybrid and When growing up We fished for a living. Also cleaned up to 1000 lbs of fish per day. Did see lots people thought were hybrids but each time it was just a big channel that was getting over the spawn.
    Also blues change colors to fit the waters there in. Dirty waters. Clean looking fish light color.
    Clear waters here they are darker. Also if one has been near a dark bottom there like a flat head they will take on the color to blend better with where there staying.
    Pete

12. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You can't mistake a hybrid for a spawning channel cause it has the same anal fin as a blue..It is straight,long and not rounded..

13. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if you look at that pic, it was not a channel, but the head seemed more channel like, but the fins body ,blue cat, so if it wasent a blue it was a hybrid