Blue cats on the Kaw?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by oakland river rat, Oct 17, 2007.

1. oakland river rat

oakland river rat New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kansas
    Now that I have been really getting in to this river fishing,... I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with big blue cat on the stretch in between the Weir in Topeka and the Lawrence Dam?

It seems, I hear a lot about blues below the Dam in Lawrence and on down, but never hear of anything above. Thanks.

2. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I've been wondering about that myself!

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

shoot you got a boat right? pm me and i will put you on some real nice blues i feel like i owe ya with all the insight you have given me

4. oakland river rat

oakland river rat New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kansas
    Sounds good! I'll have to take you up on that sometime! Thanks! I will be collecting some heavier gear over the winter for sure. I'm intrigued by the river and wanna learn as much as I can about it. I've kayaked the river a bunch, but never been fishin in a boat with current. I have a lot to learn! :cool2:

Nobody that I've talked to has seen any big blues caught up this far on the Kaw...... surely their there right?

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

oh they are there thats for sure.just seems like no one looks al that hard for them. i have caught some real hogs up stream on the kaw.both big flatheads and blues