Blue Cats in Arcadia?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BMills13, Nov 20, 2007.

1. BMills13

BMills13 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've read a couple of times that Lake Arcadia has good population of blues. Does anyone fish for winter blues frequently in Arcadia.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hi Blake, welcome to the B.O.C. My friend FuzzFace and I fish Arcadia two or three times a week. The lake does seem to have a very good size population of blues, channels, crappie, hybrids and some bass. Been getting skunked the last few weeks, guess they haven't started their fall feed yet, at least I hope that is what it is. We fish by boat against the southwest bank, around the second cove. Drift all over the place bouncing minnows threaded on the hook like a worm, and cut bait (shad) when we can catch some. It don't seem to matter to us whether we catch fish or not, we are fishing. LOL

3. BMills13

BMills13 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Apprecaite the welcome. This is my first year to really focus on blues and it seems if Arcadia had a healthy population of fish they would be easy to locate during the winter months. Given the size of the lake and its limited amount of deeper water. I boat as well as bank fish and am trying to find lakes closer to the metro area. Most of my blue fishing has been done at texoma so been pretty spoiled in that respect.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I'd say if your after blues like in your avatar, stick to Texhoma or the Arkansas River System. Heard last year of a 52 or 54 pound blue being caught out of Arcadia last winter, and for all the hula bub there was, that must have been the biggest to come out of there since it was damed.

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I know of a fella that caught a nice 38 pounder out of arcadia this past weekend. There's some big one's in there.