Blue catfishing in autumn?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by catman529, Oct 21, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How is the blue fishing this time of year and where are they being caught?

2. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Alot of people catch Blues and Channels in colder weather , I am no expert but I would think they would be stacked in deep holes .

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    The blues aren't in the holes just yet. They will be when the water gets down in the fourties. I have been getting them lately in 20 feet and less. Vern

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Blue's are shallow at NIGHT right now, past years I have caught them in a few feet of water at night, in the morning I catch them in the Channel and in deeper water but it's no where near as good as the night fishing! Channel Cats are running shallow here also both day and night though.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Blue cats are actively feeding during the fal and this is one of my favorite times to get them. You can find them deep or shallow at night as long as there are baitfish around. I average fishing for them from 20-40 feet. I fish dropoffs, dredges, and ledges. Rocky areas are also productive.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am surprised you say you can catch blues in water that shallow. Channels , yes but I always thought blues liked to stay deeper.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Usually I do catch more Blue's deep, but I catch my biggest ones in the Fall and Spring at night in 10ft of water or less, shallowest one so far was in about 3ft of water, and it was 25lbs.

8. TheIrishApprentice

TheIrishApprentice New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The blue fishing is pretty good this time of year. Don't know much about the channels though.