Blue catfishing - How you doin??

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by blindfly69, Aug 23, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    how ya'll doin on bluecattin???? im not seeing anything anywhere!! im prolly just gonna wait till winter when they'll be runnin here again

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Catching a few now and then, rough right now for me though. Catching all of mine right now on Slip Bobber Rigs in deep water. I can't wait for Fall myself.

3. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Im doing pretty good fishing the thermocline in the lakes. The lakes here in texas needs a lot of rain.

4. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    It's as good as it gets!! Iv'e beaten my peronal best of 47lbs two times in the last three weeks with a 52lber and a 63lber... we have landed a lot between 20-40lbs.

5. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    We'd appreciate it if you'd share your knowledge and tell us how you are doing it.

6. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    I have been moving for the last 3 weeks and haven't been able to fish but was able to go before that. No one was catching much but I took my girlfriend to the river and was catching the heck out of them until we got stormed off the river. This time last year we caught 40 fish over 5 pounds in 12 hours which included 20, 22, 26, 32.6 and 46.8. Most were caught on live white perch with the tailfin cut off to make them struggle and bleed. Eel was also good that night. I have had as many as 5 on at one time from 12 - 25 pounds in water from 2 feet to 25 feet while fishing alone. (landed them all!!!) I love the Pamunkey and Mattaponi Rivers. If I go there and don't get at least 1 over 30 pounds it was a really bad day. That has only happened 2 or 3 times.

7. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN

I have posted 3 seperate reports in the "members fishing reports" section. They are titled: Tennessee river cats, more Tennessee river cats, and even more Tennessee river cats. They may be a page or two back but all three were posted in August. I didn't go into great detail but if you have any questions just ask.

8. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Correction, they are all three on the first page of the Members Fishing Reports.