Blue catfish?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatman01, Nov 22, 2007.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was just wondering if anyone has been catching any nice blue cats. Oh, yeah!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    the blues are still biting ...caught a couple today .. one went about 20lbs or so. could be more .. it was a beautiful fish .. its still in the river also my buddy caught one about 12lbs its still there too ... catch it next time and it will be bigger .

3. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Grattzz Dave , glad you and Adam had a good time!

4. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i caught a personal best blue last weekend it was 25lb at the mouth of the licking rive on the newport side

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Kycatman
    On nov.13 at 6:00pm while sitting at the Devils Elbow on Barkely Lake ,I caught a 47.9 lb. Blue...my pb. Cut bluegil head. Had another good run but he dropped it before I could get the pole in my hands,

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    How deep of water were you fishing at the mouth of the licking river

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i was fishing in about 25 to 30 ft of water on the edge of the current.

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Jackie,
    I fished a tournament yesterday with fellow BOC member vlparrish. We had a total weight of 103.8 pounds for the day weighing in five fish. The biggest was 38 pounds with four others close to 20 pounds. They seem to be starting to lite bite for the most part. Kinda peck around on the bait for awhile before taking it. This is not always the case but seems like some of them do that. But yes the blues are biting on the Ohio River. rspd507

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN

Mike,
    Just wanted to say congrats on your new PB blue.Its always great to beat the old PB. Now you have another goal to shoot for. rspd507

10. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    great job ross and vern, i heard u guys took 2nd place .it seemed to me the bite was lite too, i had a good one sat. also . from all indications of the bite it should have been a small fish but i was suprised... i never would have thought ,it would be a big fish ..... congrats guys

steve

11. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN

Steve,
    Yeah we took second place. Still hard to believe that we got beat with that weight, but hey, anything is possible out there. We had a blast, I can tell you that. Parr and Courtney are really set up for catfishing from there rig to all the other equipment. It just made me feel good being able to compete with those guys. But I'll tell you this, Vern is one heck of a fisherman and knows how to get the job done too, ive learned alot from him. Talk at ya later, Ross

12. jbenni01

jbenni01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    who put that tournament on? how many boats showed up?