blue catfish with chunks

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rapoole, Sep 14, 2009.

1. rapoole

rapoole New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Me and my buddy were fishing on Yadkin River at the Buck Steam plant and I caught this blue on shad at the wall. Look at the chucks taken out of this fish and tell me what you think did it. I told my buddy that it looks like a turtle got a hold of it but he says the fish is too big. What is weirder is the fish only had one eye like he was born like that. I throwed it back thinking if that fish can survive like that then more power to him, but then I thought if it is sick or mutated we might have mutant fish later on :smile2:

2. rapoole

rapoole New Member

State:
    north carolina
    not sure how to post pictures, if I can I will
    thanks

Attached Files:

• 881.jpg
      881.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I got a 20lb Blue with a couple chunks out of it head, I was guessing it scraped itself on the rocks when I was fighting it. Ive also caught channels with one eye. Sometimes I think its genetic and other times it could be because they got hooked through the eye before. I hooked several through the eye. Then there is the ones with missing parts of there jaws. I dont know what happened there?

4. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i have caught snappin turtles big enough to do that. but i have never herd of a turtle takin a bite out of a cat. but i would think it would be possible:confused2::0a26: