Blue catfish on the Chattahoochee River

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by dallas, Oct 29, 2007.

1. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    Just got back from a quickie afternoon bank-fish in the hooch and my wife hooked into a nice little blue cat, he was around 18 inches long, but a blue for shure, never seen one on the hooch before. he was release unharmed back in to grow. Location you say? about 1 mile up from hiway 92 and fulton industrial. just above the natural gas pipeline that crosses into douglas county. And a bunch of red tail carp bouncing all over the top, splashing and such all over the place, even hooked a couple of them.

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks for the report Dallas I will have to get on down there one of these days

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I have never heard of anyone catching Blues there either. Thanks for sharing.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    While fishing a catfish tournament at West Point a couple of years ago my dad and I caught blues and flats way up the river near Franklin (we mostly caught channels, though). I'm sure those blues work their way on up the Hooch to ATL. Probably some pretty big blues and flats in the Hooch, too. They would have plenty of food because of all those trout DNR stock in the Hooch near ATL below Morgan Fall's dam.

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Yes, I heard that Franklin area is starting to get quite the population of flats. Man, they would have lots of food though!