Blue catfish in the saltwater

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by rivercatsc, Jan 23, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I amgoing to try the blues at the saltwater-freshwater dividing line in Georgetown in the morning I hope to have a goood tale and some good pics. My biggest blue ever came out of the winyah bay I hope to top him tommorow.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Good luck and get some pictures

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I posted the fishing results on the SC site under river talk @ the big pee dee river. That is where we were fishing were the big pee dee dumps into the bay. We ended up with 5 fish(37,37,17,17,8). The 37lber was my new all time biggest blue. I love this sport.

4. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    blue cat can take a lot more salinity than other cats....first blue i caught in salt water was where the intercoastal canal meets the colorado river. also where the diversion channel meets west matagorda bay. but the biggest shock was when me and a friend were redfishing the mouth of the brazos river and caught 11 blues all in the 3-4 lb range.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah I like to get on them this time a year down there while the big boys are fatting up for the spring run up the river.

6. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    wow, thats old stompin ground for me. do ya fish from the bank just below the locks castin into the river or boat fish? what bait you use? i havent been down there since carla courts was leveled. i sure miss that place! do you know if miss ezell still rents trailer houses on the river or anyone else? the motels down there are ridiculous and not even on the water.