Blue catfish in the Potomac

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by kenlaw76, Dec 17, 2008.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Does anyone know of any good areas to fish for Blues on the Potomac in the winter? I am going in a few weeks and was courius of what areas I should try out. We are going to be launching from Ft. Washington Marina. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Kenlaw when are you coming? I live in Alexandria and have a 19 ft Carolina Skiff at Pohick Bay Regional Park. I went a few weeks ago and fished only a few hours with a couple buddies. We ended up with a 16, 20, 20, 21, 23, 25, 29.4 and 35.4 . I am going this Saturday (and maybe Sunday)and probably next Saturday as well. I haven't fished much during the day yet but I'm taking care of that this weekend! If you want to go, send me a PM.

3. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    LOL. Don't I know you from somewhere? I am going to meet up with some people I know that fish down there often. We are heading out of the Belle Haven ramp around 2:30 am tommarow morning. Thank you for the invite though. I will have to get down there and go fishing with you this winter. I am new to the whole Blue cat thing so I like to fish with differant people to see the diffrences in technique. I will keep in touch bro! Thanks again!