Blue catfish in north central Indiana ?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by kyron4, Dec 28, 2006.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello ,can Blues be found in the Wabash/Miami county area of North central Indiana ? Reffering mainly to the Wabash River and Mississiseniwa and Salomonie Res. I've been told their range ends in southern Ind. and I've been told they are in the Wabash river, tough I've never caught one or heard of anyone catching one. -Thanks

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I don't know if I can be much of a help with this one. I do know that there are blues in the Wabash, but they are mostly from Terre Haute on south from what I've heard from fellow fishermen. I think Missessinawa and Salomonie only have channels and flatheads, Salomonie by the way is excellent for flatheads. I think the "cut off" for blue catfish is just a little south of Indianapolis. I know there are blues in Eagle Creek Reservior, but I have fished Morse and Geist Reserviors extensively and never caught, seen, or heard of a blue being caught from either of those reserviors.

3. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    You can catch them in Raccoon, Catarac, and Monroe. I want to know if they are in lake Freeman will be visiting this lake this summer.