blue catfish in morse

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by willybojo, Jun 9, 2008.

1. willybojo

willybojo New Member

State:
    fishers, in
    i heard that the water over by the dam in morse is 60-70 ft. deep. is this true? has anyone caught blues there (or anything else)?

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    water is 40ft deep in front of the dam. i have caught some pig channels there, but no blues. that dont mean they arent there though. someone will chime in for you i bet.

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    A buddy of mine lives on Morse and swears that there are monster blues in there. Personally, I have yet to see one. I have seen some 30+ lb flatties come out of there though.

4. whiskerfish

whiskerfish New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i've fished Morse for years & haven't cought (or seen anything caught) other then channels & bank fish (bullheads). there are some giant channels in there tho... hoping to get one tonight!

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've heard people say there's blues in there, but never seen/caught one out of there myself. I have caught some good sized channels, bullheads, and 1 flathead out of there (was only about 7lbs, caught on nightcrawlers). There are some people out there who easily confuse channels and blues...I ran into a guy on White River one time who had a stringer of channels and he kept calling them blue cats.