Blue Catfish in Jordan

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Wiskerstickerr, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Are there Blues in Jordan Lake? I haven't heard much about it. Also, Are there any Blues in Sherron Harris? I am located just south of Sanford so I am pretty close to them both and am just wondering if there are any catting to offer there. I have fished S.H. for other fish but have only caught Bullheads in S.H.

2. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Jordan = Channel Catfish, White Catfish and Brown Bullheads
    Harris = Channel Catfish, White Catfish and Brown Bullheads

People have put Blues and Flatheads in the lakes to some degree it has been said. However, if you go fishing for Blues and Flats on those lakes, you will get skunked on every trip (regardless of other opinions you may get).

3. gatecitycattin

gatecitycattin New Member

State:
    nc
    I agree I have caught many small channels on jordan and although there are some blues I haven't seen anything of size.

4. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

oh no!!! here we go again!!!:crazy::crazy:

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    if you want cats stay in the rivers....haw...cape fear...although the blues are few and far between in there until you get below buckhorn...but plenty of flats and channels.....

good luck!!!

6. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    This quote may start an argument, but not with anyone who's ever done much fishing at Harris or Jordan.

How 'bout Falls of the Neuse? Anyone ever caught a blue or flathead there? I certainly have not.

7. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Bryan8552 below the dam down good flats, Goldsboro down both blues and flats.

8. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    i have caught blues in jordan, but never anything above a pound or two, catch them crappie fishing sometimes, if there are small ones there are bound to be some decent ones

9. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'm talking about the reservoir, has anyone ever caught a blue or flathead from Falls of the Neuse Reservoir? I have not. I did read an article in a magazine once where they had quoted a guide saying he had caught blues and flatheads there. Is there anyone here who has personally caught either?

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I caught a gizzard shad there once on a 1/2oz spinnerbait:tounge_out:

11. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Sean,
    I fish Jordan fairly heavily, and have to agree with the consensus: not many Blues, but good channels. Never caught one in Harris either.
    Bigwhiskers

12. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc