Blue Catfish in Grafton!!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by fisherking, Sep 6, 2009.

1. fisherking

fisherking New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got out on the river saturday morning, Was raining on and off, bank fishing and had a pretty good day. Who ever said that you can"t catch trophy cats from the bank must have never fished there before. I caught a 24.9lb blue cat in the grafton area using bluegill heads, and it gave me a good fight for about 10 minutes, Feels good to take care of business on the river. I was impressed with the new hooks I was using, Truturn catfish hooks 6/0 good strong hook. And I do have these hooks on my website, fishnettackle.com Check it out. I will be uploading photos soon!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations on a good day of fishing and welcome to the BOC.

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL. I am glad to hear there are some nice blues around Grafton. It has been years since I fished that area. I only bank fish, but it is usually around the Alton area, but it is nice to have others spots to try. It is hard to find spots along the river road from Alton to Grafton. Good luck.

4. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Welcome to the BOC! Here you'll find a great community and a wealth of information. Congrats on the catch.

5. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Dell ! I have fished Grafton several times and have caught a few nice blues down there. Nice fish in your picture!

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is definetely a nice fishi n your avatar. I personally have never fished over there, but someday may indeed bring me to that water hole! Good fishing and keep the posts coming.