Blue Catfish in Georgia

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by diertae, Mar 19, 2006.

1. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    Like i said in my other post, i new to the area as far as catfishing is concerned. the big three rivers i have access to readily are, the Ogeechee, Savannah, and Canoochee. I suppose i could get down to the Altamaha if i knew a good spot to go. Basicly I am wonderig what baits, when, where. all the usual.

2. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    Ah, nobody loves me:mad:

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    first of all welcome to the boc diertae can't help on your question but check out the gathering site see if you can make it ti the one here in ga

4. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    is there any way to delete a thread?, obviously this one isnt getting any strikes. maybe a stinkier bait?

5. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    What part of GA are you from?

6. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    savannah, how about you?

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Never fished it yet but I hear there are a few rivers outside the Atlanta area(west and north) that has blues in it.

I am interested in the details as well as far as spots so I can hit them when I am in GA.

8. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    First off welcome to the BOC. I am originally from Augusta but retired in TN from the 101st. The Savannah River has some great catfishing areas. If you want to fish the Savannah you might try any of the creeks that flow into the river fishing the mouths of them. Try to find as much structure as possible if you have a boat. The GA record blue was caught on the Savannah below the Thurmond Lake dam on the river side. The Altamaha is excellent for Flatties. They prefer live bait especially bluegills. There are other spots to fish especially on FT.Stewart. They have lots of lakes and I fished them alot when stationed there. I caught alot of channels, but if you are searching for big fish then you need to hit the rivers. Hope this helps.

9. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    If ya want big blues the Coosa River from Rome to the Ala. state line has some big uns......two friends of mine caught and released a dozen or so that weighed between thirty and fifty pounds this past December and January.