Blue catfish in creeks

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by catman529, Oct 14, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    my fishing area is a creek averaging a castlength wide and up to 8 feet in deep pools. Average depth 3 ft. I catch channels every year there but what about blues?

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Blues will run in creeks Fish for them the same as rivers:smile2:

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know much about Tennessee, but there are very few blues in creeks in Missouri unless it's right before it dumps into a big deep lake, or larger river. Even then I don't think that they will be in 8' of water in the fall and winter unless they got trapped in a pool earlier in the year. Not to nay-say because I could be wrong, but blues, especially this time of year will be in the big deep water.

4. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    here in va i fish the james river tributary creeks. they support huge catfish populations, and HUGE fish. if the rivers the creeks flow into have blues the creeks will too, i'd ifsh them the same way. use big bait! good luck

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    What area are you fishing? I live in clarksville tn, maybe I know the creek your fishing. Try fishing the deepest parts of the creek, and if you can get to where it opens up into a river fish that .

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Like some of the others have said, it all depends on how close you are to bigger water (the larger river or lake that the creek flows into) and whether or not there are many blues in there.

I think the season of the year makes a difference, too, but someone else might have to help with that part. They tend to go up into the creeks in spring, but other than that, I don't know.