Blue catfish at Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micah, Jul 13, 2007.

1. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    How's it going gentleman? I'm an avid cat fisher here in Arizona. I've been reading a lot of threads on Truman and it sounds like somewhere I would like to go. I've never caught a Blue Cat and would like too soon. I work for the airlines and we fly to Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone would consider taking a fellow BOC member out with them if they had an extra seat.

Micah

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Would be happy to have you along some time Micah.
    Right now Truman is 20+ feet above normal pool and the fishing would be hard.
    Below the dam in the tailrace is however very good with all the water they are releasing from the dam.
    Let us know when you will be in the area and we can try to get you a blue or two....

3. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    How far is that from Kansas City?

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    It's probably around 2 hours from the airport there Micah. Some of these other guys from the city can give you better directions I'm sure. You can take I-70 east to Hwy. 65. Go south on 65 to Warsaw.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    It's closer to 2.5 hours from the airport - heck, it's 45 minutes from my house on the southeast side of town to the airport...

Fastest way to get to Warsaw from the airport: I-29 south to I-35 south to downtown KC, then US 71 south about 30 miles to Mo Hwy 7. east about 60 miles to Warsaw.

Depending on when you're going to be here and for how long, a trip on the Missouri River might yield fish just as easy as driving to Warsaw.

Let us know when you'll be around and I'm sure someone can take care of you...

6. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Thanks
    I'll have fri thru mon off starting at the end of the month. I'll be in touch.
    Micah