Blue catfish at Lake Truman

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JackieV, May 24, 2007.

1. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Truman Lake, the MO gathering is over. We rested up Sunday but got out fishing Monday late morning.

We, Tom and I, decided to put out some jugs and try to locate some big blues

We rode arround in the pontoon until we marked a lot of fish on the fish finder. Tom got the bait and drove us to the spot but I baited up the jug lines and threw them out, plus I pulled in the fish and Tom netted them for me. So I get credit for the catch.

We caught a 9.2 pound blue and a small 3-4 pound blue, neither real big. We were fishing with 9 jugs, 3 with live bluegill and 2 with cut bluegill and 4 with cut shad. Both fish were caught on live bluegill. And they were on at the same time about 10 am then no more bites.

We will go back out there this coming weekend and try to get a few on rod and reel.

Attached Files:

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Glad to see you on here jackie,you can keep tom honest LOL, Just kidding glad to see you caught some fish ,Will see you all soon when the water gets mormal

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis