Blue catfish At Fort Gibson And Webbers Falls

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by sem21, Mar 17, 2006.

1. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Anybody Catching Blues Or Flats At Webbrs Or Fortgibson?

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chuck,

Welcome to the BOC!!!! This is a great place to learn about catfishing, hunting, other types of fishing, heck, life in general! Feel free to poke around and read as much as you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions, or give answers. You might think that your answer or question is a little odd, but, seems like the oddest are the best! :grin-big:

I haven't been to the webbers falls/gibson area so unfortunately, I can't answer bout the fishin there.

3. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Thank You! My Be Ill see you on the water one day!

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chuck,

Take a look at the following link. It is a thread for a Gathering of BOC members at Lake Keystone the first weekend of June. We would Love to see you there!!

Keystone Gathering

5. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Fort Gibson is a great lake to fish. Unfortunately I haven't been there in along time. Webber Falls is a lake I plan to fish sometime soon, I haven't been down in that part of the state in years so I am looking forward to my trip down there. Tenkiller is another good lake to fish in the same general area. I have fished all over Okla for the past 47 years, and there are some great places to fish, especially in that part of the state.

Fort Gibson should offer you a lot of good places to fish for blues. Look for channels and creeks entering the lake, also look for some of the haunts of channel catfish, blues are generally present or near by.

6. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    if u are looking for blues( always) webber is a good place , above lock 15 or below it, with or with out a boat . this time of year weekends are crowed. m-f its great . fished it the 1 of the mth . 4days we cought about 150 lbs of fish. flatheads, blues above the lock, just blues below the lock . lock 15 is cool u can lock up/down in about 15 min. unless barge is in the way . u can catch skipjack on 1/8 jig red head white body shad were scarce at that time ask a local. usually a frw of them there they will help. have a day.

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Not to be a stickler, but L&D 15 is south of Sallisaw... L&D 16 is just north of Webbers Falls about 3 miles.

It is an absolute great fishery for folks fishing from the bank... since no boats are allowed within 1000 feet of the dam. There are nice catfish, stripers, sandbass and crappie caught there daily.

I fish it frequently to catch skipjack for bait using 1/8 oz white/silver crappie or tube jigs ripped fast through the water. Occasionally a nice sandbass or striper will clobber the jig, and attacks from flathead are not uncommon.

8. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    hey can u post a map of how to get to webber lock 15 or 16 which ever one it is I would like to go there and try

9. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Sorry about the map scale. This map shows the Arkansas River from the Arkansas line nearly to Muskogee. Hope it helps...

Attached Files:

10. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks for keeping me lined out tish, losing my mind .but thats what guides are for !! RIGHT. any ways the one just north of gore /webber falls . have a day:)

11. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    yeah i did some touring up there this weekend. i checked out those spots you had mentioned to me catstalker. there are lots of trees and stuff around so if you can only cast straigh out, such as the boat ramp at brewers bend and were you have your lines out at the giant log, your gonna be screwed when you get a big one who runs into the trees. ill have to tell you though, that is an absolutly beautiful area to fish. the water is so big and there are lots of trees around so i know there some huge flatheads in there. its just so scenic behind that dam. but i guess the bad news is i sprained the crap out of my ankle while standing on a rock pile that gave way. hopefully ill get out this weekend though. good luck everyone..

12. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    sorry about the injury. i have only fished from a boat above the lock, if u were standing at the little point by the logs. u could see the bank along the west side , past the log piles just south of ur position. 35 ft off the bank, water is 45-50 ft deep with some very old undercuts. thats the columthat the turbins draw from. nice blue aria. about 500yds long . jugs work well there on shad.havent fished any of it from the bank. have a day:)