Blue catfish at East Fork Lake?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tbull, Dec 7, 2007.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wanted to post this in the other section but it hasn't been hit up in a while. Just curious if anyone else has heard of Blues being at East Fork lake. That is if there is anybody on here who has fished it. I have heard stories of blues and big ones, just wasn't sure because I have yet to see one. Thanks ya'll:roll_eyes:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    haven't fished that lake, but that sounds interesting..rollo

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You look cold Rollo...You keep a cover on that thing or what???.....LOL:0a22:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i shoveled her out tonight...hoping to get to go in the next few days... i usually keep her in the garage, but been using her much lately...rollo:0a18:

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    right on....I wish I had a boat to shovel out..lol:roll_eyes:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ride with me bro. i will take you anytime..rollo

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there are blues in east fork. on a local forum there is a guy who posted a pic of about a 30lb blue he caught there last summer. i hear they are few and far between but are there.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah thats what I heard to that they are in there, but they are not abundant in there either......but there is a 100ft of water in there in alot of spots so who knows how many there are....

Right on Rollo I will have to make the trip sometime, you aren't too far at all. Could leave work in the afternoon one summer evening and be there in time to launch....LOL...You need to come down here sometime and get into these river blues.:wink:

9. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Travis:
    I have fished East Fork quite a bit. I have never seen or caught a Blue from there. Thats not to say there arn't any there ! Probably just not many. I have caught lots of channels there as well as a few flats. I do know a couple of guys who have caught some whopper flats there !! 40's and some in the 50's ! Those are hogs no matter who you are. The kid and I like to go there in the spring and fish along the banks with floaters for the channels. With medium size bass gear...they are a blast. Hope this helps ya out...Randy

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah its a good flathead lake, on the banks in the spring time will land you some nice flatties too with live shad....FYI