Blue catfish are biting!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by 8898dan, Jul 27, 2007.

1. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Fished for 3 hours at mouth of Fourche Lafave this evening and caught a limit of blues. Biting was even picking up as I was leaving. Fish were all between 4-8 pounds. Total weight was 57#. All caught on skipjack and live bream. Looks like that Ar river is finally coming down too. It was down about five feet from the last time I was there.

2. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Forgot to mention that I tried some circle hooks for the first time. They were very impressive. I rigged one pole with them and didn't lose a fish on that pole. All fish were hooked in the corner of the mouth and they all hooked themselves. These were even Barbless circle hooks. Didnt mean to get Barbless, but they worked extremely well and made hook removal a cinch.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Daniel, Thanks for the report. The fishing should really be good from now til they get caught up on the water.

4. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Went back to same place last night from midnight to dawn. Caught 13 blues. Largest was personal best 20#. Also caught 11#, 13#, and another ten fish between 3-8#. Best night ever pole fishing. They bit like crazy from 2-4 am which is when that moon was directly overhead. All fish were caught on skipjack. I actually have pictures this time and got them put on cd at walgreens so Im going to try to put them on here.

Attached Files:

5. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Forgot to mention all fish were released. Ive got plenty of filets. Just kept the big ones on stringers til daylight to take pics.

6. kittykat

kittykat New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice catch, congrats!