4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well

chris , morris and myself did some wacken and stacken blues and flatheads

chris slammed a 28 lb flathead and some nice blue cats

morris nailed a 60 to 70 lb blue and a 40 ish blue with some others

I got 2 small flatheads and some blue cats

even in a lake thats fished out with no big fish left in it lmao

licorice and little smokies soaked in moonshine was bait of choice !!!!

with a 5 gallon bucket chum slick of scotties special dumplings

· Registered
550 Posts
Yea you all got the flatheads you lucky sun-of-a........, I was fishing right close to you all too, hell i couldnt have been 100 yards away and i didn't get one!!! Oh yea glad you finally got the red suite it looks good, and is that what we are calling the fish attractant, i thought we were calling it Cat-Chit, ha ha... i forgot to ask if you used it or not this weekend! Im about out i spilt mine in the boat!!!!! I will bring more down this weekend.

You guys are on fire Matt!! You have me wanting to come over there and get into some of that action way to go!!! Seems like you are catching nice ones every day now!! You just need to find you a green wagon at a garage sell now!!

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Way to go guys!! I boated nine fish last night, 24,19 and the rest were all under 10. Nothing worth calling you for. Man I worked hard for the fish I caught, I moved around a lot and fished till 3:30 am. before i wore down and called it quits. The 24 was caught on a live shad I was free lining in hopes of nabbing me a big Flat. LOL Maybe next time!!!!
Rob

· Registered
159 Posts
way to go guys! adam got his dads boat on sat so we went out sat night too... caught 7 fish biggest two were ten pounds each which was suprising being that no water was bein run but it seems liek the big fish are biting... have to get back on em this week

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Bait wasn't hard to find Fri. evening, I caught enough above the city ramp to fish Two nights. It was cool enough they stayed alive in my tank all weekend. The wind was bad and I only fished at night, I was fishing by myself and forgot my camera so the only pic I got was of my son back at the dock with my cell phone. Hope Truman gets a big Drink this week!!!!!

Attachments

· Registered
1,810 Posts
I hope it ain't a repeat of last year at the Gathering this weekend. I'm pretty sure Scotty was whacking the cats the week before and then nobody caught crap all weekend LOL. Scotty is in good with the catfish god's.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
glad ya'll enjoyed the pics

congrats to matt,,rob,,adam and ben on some good wacken and stacken to !!!!

alot of nice fish caught over the weekend guys great job !!!

dang it morris stop wasting the secret sauce took me all day boiling it down the last batch grrrrrr your doing it next time !!!!!

· Registered
550 Posts
I hope it ain't a repeat of last year at the Gathering this weekend. I'm pretty sure Scotty was whacking the cats the week before and then nobody caught crap all weekend LOL. Scotty is in good with the catfish god's.
There will be nice fish caught this year for the gathering, im on a mission!!!:gotu: , the weather couldn't be better at the moment!!!!(RAIN RAIN RAIN), Nice fish are being caught even with the dam shut off, so i have a feeling we are all gonna luck out! I see lots of 20's and 30's being caught with the trophy going to a high 40's-60lber! Too bad you wont be down Scotty!!! Dont worry Ill throw out a 2lb piece of bait for you, that always seems to be your favorite, LMAO.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There will be nice fish caught this year for the gathering, im on a mission!!!:gotu: , the weather couldn't be better at the moment!!!!(RAIN RAIN RAIN), Nice fish are being caught even with the dam shut off, so i have a feeling we are all gonna luck out! I see lots of 20's and 30's being caught with the trophy going to a high 40's-60lber! Too bad you wont be down Scotty!!! Dont worry Ill throw out a 2lb piece of bait for you, that always seems to be your favorite, LMAO.
yeppers them 10 plus inch water dogs and live rats allways pay off for the big ones !!!!

and now that copeman is a butcher I get all the beef and pork hearts and livers i want !!!

im probably the only guy who gets a smile on my face when i get a big gar in the throw net ohhhhhhh yeaaaaa my trusty hatchet comes in handy in the boat at times hee hee

the white live rats from the pet shop are worth every penny or bag of fish !!!!!

· Registered
113 Posts
Fish Fishing Salmon Fish Recreation
We did alright too. Scotty it was nice meeting you in the harbor Thursday night. Where is the meeting located this weekend and what time is it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.