Blue and Flathead catfish!

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by CJ21, Sep 13, 2006.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering do Blues and Flats live in lake, and if so how do u catch em?

2. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    yeah they live in lakes i use a bobber bout 5ft deep,with live bluegills(brim).And have a lot of success.dependin on the size of the lake you might need to fish deeper.

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Some lakes Yes other's no. Go to google and search my the name of the lake you are talking about or find out at your states department of wildlife and parks.

As far as how you catch them well it really depends on how big the lake is what is natural there and if they are even biting. some times they bite on the bottom other times near the shore some during the day are better as so at night are better.

4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    First off, I know nothing about blues but a little about flatheads. A lot will depend on the lake you are fishing. Does the lake have any standing timber, logs, stumps, tree tops or cover as such. If so those are good places to start looking for flatheads. Also shallow areas near such cover where baitfish will be, the flatheads will move there after dark to feed. Hope this helps some. grizzly

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What bodys of water r you fishin?

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    most of the time there is about all of them in a lake( blues, Flatheads, Channels) but sometimes they dont say they are in there .. cause a few lakes in my state dont like Flatheads because they eat to much game fish and concider them an annoyince... But i fish with a slip bobber rig to catch them in most lakes.... with live gill and large creek chubs

7. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    yes most of them do. Drift fish with a caroline rig and a small cigarfloat on the end of your line just above the hook. Use a drift sock our two if it is real windy to slow your boat down. Good luck.