Blue and channel catfish going wild!

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tkishkape, Mar 21, 2007.

1. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I was out on Kerr lake yesterday breaking in a new reel and doing a personal head-to-head comparison of terminal tackle and rigging method. The blues and channels were more than eager to help me out in my study.

I released six over 10 pounds and one fish that was just too short (don't know how he got that 5/0 circle hook in his mouth anyway) and bagged up about 25 pounds of filets for the freezer.

Yep... you're right. I'm not gonna tell you the results of my tests. Not until more testing is done in another location or three. I'm keeping score, so there will be a report eventually for all interested persons.:lol:

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Good looking bluecat!! This recent rainfall should help stir them up even more and get them running up the lake into the river channels. I love the prespawn....there hungrey and hit just about anything you toss into the water.:cool2:

3. Justin_Sane

Justin_Sane New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Do you work for them, do they have standard boats ?

4. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    Hey Jeff,

Quit fishing and return some of my e-mails.

Matt

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Sorry, that bluecat died in my livewell over three years ago. I put it on ice and took it home. It was eaten with much gusto! I guess I need to make a new picture for my profile... with a new catfish.