blows fuse

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by larry again, Nov 25, 2009.

1. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I got a dodge that keeps blowing fuel pump fuse ,I have replaced the fuel pump still blows fuse any ideas. help

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Bro, poke round see if'n there's a fuel pump relay, somewhere in the array of fuses. Could be a shorted coil in that unit. Also check an see if ya have a collision reset control for the fuel circut. It could have high resistance on it's reset.
    Just arm-chair guessing.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    If you give me the specifics, I'll check the wiring diagram to see what else shares that curcuit.

Keep us posted, Elliot

4. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    fuel pump fuses are almost always on a dedicated circut,but I would look for a rubbed,pinched or otherwise shorting out wire from the fuel tank and trace it forward,making sure that the wires didn't get pinched while reinstalling the new pump,otherwise the pump might be faulty,last one I changed took three pumps before I got one that worked,I was pretty po'd about that,new parts are junk half the time when you open the box nowadays.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    He can disconnect the new fuel pump & see if it stills blows the fuse. That will determine if the short/overload is in the line or the load side of the curcuit

6. My wife blew a fuse after I fised until 2 am last night.:big_smile::eek:oooh:

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    well put a 30 amp in her and it wont blow as fast:smile2:

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Thatt's what they call the smoke test..........NOT ADVISABLE:crazy: