Blown away!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by brinley45cal, Feb 6, 2008.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well is everyone still here?just wondrin if the recent storms have blown everyone away or if everyone made it?Was bad wasnt it?geez.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I was just wondering myself if all our Sourthern Brot
    hers /Sisters were all ok .
    Hopefully everyone came through with out too many scratches.Will Keep everyone in our thoughts and keep on worrying till we hear that they are all OK!!.
    Come on you guys start checking in so we can stop WORRYING .

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    IM STILL HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yup, I'm still here in Indiana, just barely. We had straight line winds in exess of 85 mph. I got a 60' pine snapped off at the butt (missed the house and garage), and the twin to it has a serious lean right toward my garage, its about 16" away from the peak of the roof, the butt is rooted about 5' from the garage (the ground is so saturated this one is going to go root ball and all). The wind is still blowing pretty good right now with snow, I wont be able to do anything about the tree for a while, ground too muddy and the wind is too strong to even think about tying off to it and try to fall it the opposite direction, into the wind. Just praying it will hold on till it dries up and the wind stops howling. A big maple top is broke out but snagged, another top is on the ground. Misc limbs and branches all over the place. The house shingles are feathered up on the west side (I'm hoping they will lay back down when the weather warms a bit, missing about a square in the middle toward the peak (now that I am going to have to fix real quick). That all being bad enough, they say we are in for cold temps, wind and snow. Man, can I catch a break here? Dont seem like it.

5. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    still here in knob lick

6. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    Tornado jumped us hit 2 counties over and hit below us so we got lucky

7. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    We made it purdy good. Had tornadoes touch down all around where we live but none came too close.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm still here too....LOL:smile2:

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well its good to hear from all of you hopefully others will check in and let us know.some of our brothers and sisters may still have no power yet so will say a prayer and keep our fingers crossed.

10. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Yeah, I'm still here. Tornados were all around but missed us. Got quite a bit of rain though.

11. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well, the storms and the snow and ice sure took a hit on us here in Shelby Co. Ky. for sure....I saw yesterday that Guist Creek is back to normal level again and i heard that Taylorsville had gotton up in the parking lot at the marina, Settlers Trace...That seems to always be a big problem after a big storm and lots of runoff into the lake there and takes a lot of cleanup work for Marina and Parks personel there...Thank God we all pulled through and God bless all the familys that lost their love ones...