Blowing the whistle on Postbeetle.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cheapNdisgusting, Jul 8, 2009.

1. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Ok. When I was in Iowa I called PB and got directions. He told me where to get off the Interstate and get on a state road. This is good. Then he told me how many miles till I turn off on a gravel road. This is getting better. When I come to the fork in the road I'm supposed to go to the left, pass several farms and look for a small gravel road. This is getting really good now - 3 gravel roads - good sign. I turned into the 3rd. gravel road - down a hill - past a pond - up the other side and into a front yard that was manicured perfectly. I figured I was in the wrong place. No selfrespecting catfisherman could possibly live here. No junk cars, leaning gate, tire swing, on and on - no sign that a catfisherman had ever been there. I was about to make another call for directions and out stepped Beetlejuice and his absolutely beautiful wife Nancy. Seeing her was worth the drive. I felt like I should wipe my feet before I get out of the car. They greeted me and started to show me around.To my dissmay, Nancy went in the house and PB took me on a tour.

He has a garden - I have a garden. He has a garden that looks like an exterior designer laid it out with everything growing in it's own little plot. Paths perfectly manicured around everything, a potting shed that most deer hunters would die for, every plot was held in neatly by railroad ties. The plants were really healthy and full of whatever they do. It was like a garden show. Man was I out of place. In my garden I've got free range tomatoes, free range peppers, and so on.

Then we spent about 5 min. walking around the house. Every inch was landscaped (this means stuff growing for the any of you in Kentucky). Everywhere I looked there was stuff with fancy names that a deer would love to get into. White graveled walkways, stuff sitting around that actually looked good.

Of course, the house was picture perfect. Probably was a cover photo on some kind of city book. I did notice that there were NO catfish heads nailed up anywhere. (a clue)

I'm a catfisherman and know a lot of other catfishermen and women. I am led to believe that Postbeetle is a "makebelieve" catfisherman and therefor I am going to start a campaign (with proof) to have him banned from this site.

More proof will follow. You ought to see the rest of the property (probably used to be part of Missouri.)

Time to go cool off.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I figured as much. LOL! And I ain't surprised. Don't be too hard on the dwarf. LOL! I did see a pic of him with a fish he shot. LOL! That and the north end of his south bound dog. LOL! Glad ya had a good visit and was able to shake his hand. :sad2:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Great post,But don't be so hard on lil John he might be a little soft around the edge.. lol ..Nice landscape- potted plant's everywhere-a perfect garden?? He might be turning over a new aveune in life lmao

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Don't let that neatness fool you...PB is providing good cover to keep Mr. Revenuer at bay, that's all! :tounge_out:

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I just knew it.I've been suspicious for years!!!:eek:oooh::smile2:Even if he was a fisherman who would want to fish with him.Probably have to have you tackle box all organized everything in the boat in just the right place intead of properly scattered helter skelter.Should be some kind of sanction we can take for impersonating a cat fisherman.Maybe the MODS can help here.Ban Postbeetle from posting.Start the campaign now!!:smile2::big_smile:Thanks for the detailed investigative reporting and risking your life.God knows what would have happened if you accidently stepped in the wrong place in the garden.:big_smile::crazy:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay there Fellas,We Iowa Folks is right proper when it comes to our digs,Ain't we PB??? And after all we did win the war ifin my memory serves me right,also we grows some mighty fine lookin hogs here in Iowa !!! If i knowed just how to post up a picture on the puter I could prove it and shows ya all a pic. of my stepdaughter (Pork Butt) Shes got some Huge Hams hanging off the back side.Thinkin about haulin her uo to the State fair and winning me a blue ribbon with her but don't know if the tranny on the pickup could take the abuse hallin that much weight.I hope like hell Big Bula Mae (The Wife ) don't see this post or old John Boys hide will be toast !!!! :wink:.
    J.D.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    JOHN u r either one BRAVE or 1 dum man, for making that post ,if your wife is like mine, she would never ever see any of my post EXCEPT THAT ONE ,an then the chit would hit the fan:wink::smile2:

8. cheapNdisgusting

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Here are two pictures that only PB will understand. Very few fish were harmed during the ordeal.

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ...Shoulda got to know him better before ya went to visit. He's a trout fisherman, not a cat fisherman...and we all know how those trout fishermen are. Meticulous and cunning. Probably even has one of those fly tying stations in his basement because store bought flies are just not good enough for John the trout fisherman. Match the hatch, John...lol.

Hey Z-flash...I have a huge antique scythe about twice the size of the one in your hand. What's one of those worth these days? Could I trade it for a small motor for my Starcraft?

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Somebody got tiered of the cement pond. Rite Jethro. LOL!

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

"I'm in with the in crowd.....I go where the in crowd goes.....I'm in with the in crowd.....And I know what the in crowd knows....."

Thanks for the thread Russell; really glad you and John got acquainted :cool2:.

Matt, surely you don't mean TWICE the size overall. Who could use a scythe that big, the Jolly Green Giant?

You made me go looking for Great-grandaddy's though; it's prob'ly about the size of the one Flash is holding - seems like the handle is thicker on mine. Not sure, couldn't find it :smile2:. It would be nice to know the value, haven't done any research about the tools yet.

Excuse my intrusion folks, carry on.

12. cheapNdisgusting

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    There are four antiques in the picture. The one in the hat is available for trade. It ain't exactly a motor but it can paddle and make the put-put sound. Bakes excellent blueberry pie also.

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ...Yeah! It's got a blade about as tall as postbeetle!

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ya sure, I curse here and you will disbar me, send me to Siberia, rescind my no-roll sinkers, put me in purgatory, someplace in Missoura. Make me eat Okra. So I won't cuss.

Whom I am cussing at is Kat in the Fedora. SHORT! Me SHORT! Kat that picture has been doctored by that guy from Missoura. He deliberately shrank me and increased his size to make himself look good. Photoshopping it is called. Like half the avatars on here of those guys with the supposedly big cats. Louderback does it at night when he is up at 3:00 when he is pretending he is still a sniper. The bigger he makes those cats the more people he gets to join this outfit, like a carny with the two headed woman getting people in the tent.

Tanya, intrude intrude. Somebody has to control the mis-information on this thread.

I will tell you about that swimming pool Zalma is dismantling there when I get time. A good story and that is what life is about. Telling the stories that make us who we are.

John

PS. BG, somehow, someway you gonna pay up for that "DWARF" comment. Oh ya, like the rivers flow thickly in Joisy you gonna pay. LOL

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    PS. BG, somehow, someway you gonna pay up for that "DWARF" comment. Oh ya, like the rivers flow thickly in Joisy you gonna pay. LOL

"BRING IT ON STUMPY" LOL!!!!!! And remember no prisoners. Book says ya gotta feed them. LOL!

16. cheapNdisgusting

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    He smelled good. Not that I was smelling him but Me and Mini-me went for a tour of the estate. He has one of those "country gentleman" 4 wheelers and we cruised his Walnut tree estate. He has more black walnut trees on his place than is in the whole state of Missouri. Not kidding about that. This is when I discovered WHY he smelled good. There is a fair sized creek running thru it. Not big enough for catfish but more "Trout sized". Later on in the tour we passed a lake. Beautifully landscaped as expected. There were no styrofoam worm containers, no forked sticks around the bank, no fishheads nailed to the dock (yea dock, not little walkway pier thing, but a real dock), (clue) no lawn chairs close to the bank, and it didn't smell like real bait. I'm not sure what a trout fly smells like but it can't be manly like skipjacks. Also we didn't stop, just cruised on by and outta Dodge before any of the "catfish" jumped after a bug. No pond scum on the lake either, cause it needs warm water to grow. (clue)

This is strike two the way I see it in his reputation as a "catfisherman".

Not near enough aroma.

There is more but it's time for my medication.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Here we go again....curious, inquisitive Catgirl...oh so sorry, didn't mean to be redundant. Although I DID look up the definition of curious, and it said "unnecessarily inquisitive". Hmmmm. :confused2:

A few questions however :big_smile:.

Does Southern Comfort taste like black walnuts? I think it does.

Flash, who told you he's up for trade and who put you in charge of it? Whoever it is must be :crazy:.

Whatcha think he's worth? :wink:

BG, don't make fun of midgets :angry:. You LUV dwarfs (or would that be DWARVES? :smile2:), 'specially one in particular. Short people need love too. :tounge_out:

Oh, and Zal....how in the heck did ya find out he knows how to make the put-put sound?

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There ya go Russell, doubting my abilities as a "Catfisherman". While passing through MCDonalds yesterday morning to get my egg McMuffin I came upon a man named Glen "Red" Henton.

I have written a story about this man someplace. I think Becky's story telling at one time or another. Got to fish with this man then on the Mississippi. Glen is in the Guniess book of Records. Google up "The Greatest Game Ever Played" and dat the man. Only famous man I know, other than some folk on this forum, none of them from Missoura.

He invited me fishing this weekend. Fine and dandy except Red esp likes to stripper fish. Okey Dokey by me but Red likes to tempt fate at the dam at the lock in Bellevue. He backtrolls toward the dam till the lockmaster calls out the harbor patrol and they toss his A$$ off the river. Me I just like to sit in the backwaters watching herons waiting for one of those stupid catfish to go by.

And to prove to ya Zekma that I can "catch" catfish I have put a picture up for ya. One BG likes.(He likes the rearend on that dog) I don't know where that story is. Ah well. Got that with a 7MM. Didn't tear him up to bad.

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Boy that was easy, thanks for the instructions PB. If ya provide a link, occasionally folks DO make use of it.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56198

Oh, and HEY! Haven't you met someone famous from MO now? :big_smile:

That "time is right" etc. must be rather specific.....did ya ever tell us MORE about him?

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Russell this is good stuff. My first impression of the ole coot was that he was an english teacher. I love to read his B/S, the man is gifted in that regard.:wink: It was a while after i learned he's actuallly a doctor. That explains it cause my father-in-law was also one and was as full of B/S as a X-Mas turkey. glad ya got to meet and can't wait for the Next story.