blowguns

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by countrycat15, Jun 8, 2008.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    any one into blow guns? i use to mess with them alot about 3 years ago but got out of it.but reading all of leroys posts about them makes me want to make a new one so im gonna run to the hard ware store tomarrow and pick up sum hard copper pipe and get to work.lol so until then then...any one ever make there make there own blowgun before?any one hunt or fish with one?

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    WASNT BUSY TRYING TO GET MY HARLEY PAINTED..... I WOULD BE SHOOTING CARP.....

I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN TO TRY MY NEW ARROWS OR GO SEE MY 3FT CARP AT SITESIX NAMED KENNY( HE HAS A HUGE GASH IN HIS TAIL ) HE ATE A HOT DOG BUT IN 3 BITES.... HES PROBABLY THE COOLEST CARP EVER ( I WILL BE CUTTING HIM UP FOR BAIT SOON ):crazy: :wink::wink::wink:

3. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i had a pvc blow gun when i was smaller. i remember shooting birds out in the yard all the time :roll_eyes:.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i got my boy a 36"er from the deer show. darts , paintballs, plastic darts, blunt tips ect. i had a 5'er when i was a teen. ate many rabbits from its muzzle.:wink: at 20' i could hit a bunnie in the eye.:wink:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i had a 5' one that was storebought. i i shot a lot of cottontails and squirrels with it. they make some little broadhead darts that worked pretty good. they also made a plastic broadhead dart that looked wicked, but didn't work too good except for on birds. blowguns are a lot of fun.

6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i just bought the supplies to make mine,2 actually a 4 footer and a 6 footer i used electrical conduit for the blowgun itself and will be making sum darts soon from bamboo skewers and paper cones diped in wax.will post pic soon

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I GOT INTO THAT SOOOOOOOO SERIOUSLY FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS CAUSE I KNEW HOW TO MAKE POISON FOR DARTS ( NO IM NOT TELLING ANYONE ) AND I TOOK SOME BIG STREETCATS WITH IT AND A DIAMOND BACK FROM 30 FT.....

I HAD A HUNTING BLIND I MADE IN MY BACK YARD AND I WOULD JUST SIT THERE AND SHOOT " AT" THE PIGEONS IT WOULD SCARE THEM AWAY BUT THEY WOULD FLY AROUND THE HOUSE AND RIGHT BACK ON THE GROUND ( CONSTANT FUN )

AND THE CATS THAT MY NIEGHBORS OWNED....I HAD A SPECIAL DART FOR THEM......... NOTHING MORE THEN A 1/4 20 HEX HEAD AROUND ( 1 SHOT AND THEY NEVER SET FOOT IN MY YARD AGAIN ) I NEVER MENT TO KILL THEM AND NEVER DID :wink::wink::wink:

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i just plan to get relly good with mine target shooting and stuff and use it to kill sum huge rats we got in our barn/building.did sum target practice with mine and a few thrown together darts this morning,so far im hitting target he size of quaters at about 19 feet.how do yall think im doing? its been a few years since ive shot one until last night and this morning.

9. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

WHERE YOU CAN SHOOT ANYTHING AT A 30FT DISTANCE WITHOUT AIMING

WHEN YOU GET REALLY GOOD...... SHOOT THE FLAME OUT ON A CANDLE WITHOUT TOUCHING THE WAX.....WHEN YOU MASTER YOUR BLOWGUN GET THE RATS WHEN YOU WALK OUT YOUR DOOR......( SEE EM SHOOT EM ) DONT AIM.... DONT HIDE....(INSTINCTIVE SCOOTING )

AND TAKE CARE OF THE STREET CATS.... I GOT SCRATCHED BY ONE 3 DAYS AGO AS I WALKED OUT MY BACK DOOR...... I WAS GOING OUT TO CUT SOME OLD CORN COBS( BABY RABITS COULDNT TAKE THEM ) WITH A 9 INCH HUNTING KNIFT AND THAT @#$%&*ER TRYED TO JUMP ON MY NECK BUT I STUCK THAT KNIFE IN HIS THROAT.........IT WAS KNIDA LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE MATRIX MOVIES CAUSE THE CAT WAS HANGING OFF THE GROUND WITH A 9INCH BLADE IN HIS THROAT( HE WAS SITTING ON A LEDGE RIGHT NEXT TO MY DOOR WHEN HE JUMPED )

HE HAD MINGS( THE HAIRLOSS DISEASE ) AND WAS ALL SLIMY AT THE MOUTH SO I THINK HE HAD RABIES..... HE SCRATCHED THE SHIRT I WAS WEARING BUT THE CLAWS CAUGHT ON IT SO I DIDNT ACTUALLY GET CUT BUT IT STILL SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME..... IT WAS THE SAME CAT THAT ATTACKED MY NEIGHBORS DOG AND HAD TO PUTI IT DOWN :angry:

I WANTED TO HAVE IT STUFFED BUT IT WOLDNT OF MADE A GOOD TROPHY

10. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    ya know im gonna go ahead and assume that your boys dont like cats!!!!!!!

11. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    aw c'mon corey, ain't nothin wrong with a cat. they're a lil tougher than a cottontail but if ya slow cook em.....:smile2:

i shoot them at a buddy's place, they use his grandkids's sandbox for a toilet. someone's pet cat, well i won't mess with it at all. if a cat's 100 yards from the barn, though, he ain't doin his job, and gets fired! a good number of them will decimate the quail, dove and pheasant crop for next year. they aren't good for much once they get away from the barn.

12. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    is i have a small straw that i put Qtips in that have a piece of toothpick in it....

its great for the crickets and pesky friends in the house :smile2:

13. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    what happend to yer fishin rig dude?

14. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i play with the straw thing when i go to school.....

my carp shooter.... that will be in the winter months when pier fishing sucks

ill stock them up on the dock ......:cool2: thell never see it coming :eek:oooh:

also... im customizing my Harley so ive been on a lathe....mill...drill press...all that good stuff....