Blowgun fishing changes

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 11, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I PUT ANOTHER FLETCHING ON THE ARROWS BECAUSE WHEN THE PLASTIC WEARS IN THE BARREL IT STARTS TO LOOSE POWER AND SLIDES WHEN U HOLD THE PIPE AT AN ANGLE ( THATS VERY BAD IF UR SHOOTING OFF A DOCK )

I DID SOME LAST MINUTE CHANGES TO THE MOUNTING STUFF TO KEEP IT SMOOTH TO THE TOUGH WHEN THE HOSE CLAMPS TIGHTEN ON THE BARREL

ALSO I PUT A GRIP FOR YOUR HAND TO HOLD ON TO SO YOUR HAND DONT SLIP WHEN STALKING MR. SUCKER :wink:

OVER ALL I DONT THINK IT LOOKS TOO BAD

Attached Files:

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    LAST BUT NOT LEAST ( VERY IMPORTANT ).... THE BRAIDED LINE IS VERY HARD ON THE LIPS THEN THREADING THE AROW THROUGH THE MUZZLE AND OUT OF THE BREECH.... I MADE A SMALL SLOT AND MADE IT VERY SMOOTH SO NO BURS MAKE U LOOSE UR CATCH :crazy:

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Pretty slick son! I tip my hat to ya.:cool2:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    reps to ya. your dedicated in this deal. pretty neet thinking bro. keep us informed. man a video of a carp being speared and reeled in with a blowgun may have me at the work bench. awesome minds like yours are what brings new stuff to the table. your quite the inventor.

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    DONT SEPERATE THE TOO FLETCHINGS WITH TAPE.... IM SHOOTING MILK JUGS AND THEY BEND AND WEAR IN THE BARRELL TO MUCH..... JUST PUT BOTH OF THEM AT THE HEAD....AND IF I GET A SHOT AT A 15 LBER I WANT THE BARDS TO BE IN AS FAR AS POSSIBLE
    ............................................................................................................................
    WHEN TYING THE LINE TO THE ARROW MAKE A SERGIONS LOOP AND THEN THREAD IT AROUND THE SHAFT.
    ............................................................................................................................

I THINK THAT THOSE ARROWS WILL TAKE SOME SERIOUS POUNDAGE CAUSE I MADE THEM AS TOUGH AS NAILS...... (A THAKNKYOU):roll_eyes:

AND I HOPE THE BARDS WILL HOLD UP TOO

THE BIGGEST CARP SO FAR THAT IVE SEEN HERE AT LHC IS ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET LONG AND SWALLOWED A HOLE MAMBUGER BUN.... THERE ARE ONES LIKE THIS BUT A BIT SMALLER AT THE LAUNCH RAMPS...

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR QUESTIONS???????

6. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    how does the line from the reel hold up what kind and what test are you using ? and did you take a blowgun and modify it to fish

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    keep us informed. sounds pretty cool. when i was 16 i made an arrow with swivvels and line and had a reel clamped to my bow. there was large fish in a small spillway. i had the rig working well. but the ranger informed me not to do it lol. so i never got to give it the real try. they were bass.

keep the pics coming. sure intresting.

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i have the fireline crystal so its pretty tough......

read some of my other posts and ull get some more info about rigging and the setup