Blow you away!... fish story

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by catfish kenny, Nov 15, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had to work and I wish I could of been there...Infact I cant wait to see the pics but my brother and uncle went to this pond fishing yesterday and my uncle caught a 27lb CARP.....yes a 27 pound CARP and get this he caught it on 4lb mono.That seems prety amazing to me.I wish I could of been there my uncle is 73 and I guess it had him alover this pond.....but he got er in.He is rubbing it in to me a little but thats ok he deserves braggin rights on this as fer as I am concerned....Carp are no joke I love the fight they give.....4LB TEST THOUGH:eek:oooh:I cant believe he didnt toast the pole and reel he was using:beat_brick: the reel/pole are light pond equiptment.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I sure hope if I make it to 73 I can land a fish that big. Tell him congrats for me.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    That is pretty amazing, Congratulations to your uncle. I'd bet he had a blast.

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    That had to have been a real work out for him, congrats to your Uncle!!

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What did he do with her after he got her in Kenny? I have trouble with 2 lb trout on 4 lb line.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Belive it or not was gonna smoke it but they put er back so it can get bigger

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    make sure you post us some pics of that biggun.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    pics.are a must do.congrats to your unkle and congrats on the release.to many people believe carp are only junk fish but they have furnished me with a lot of memories in my life.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I just hope I live to be 73 and can go fishing, whether I catch anything or not. Congratulations to your uncle. That must be some good line he had on,and he must of had his drag set right.

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    He deserves a fish like that!! but 4 lb test? I snap that stuff setting the hook on trout. thats why I dont use anything less then 8 lb test (that and with 8 lb I can multitask better).

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats to yer unc! Sounds like ya might need to watch him a little better to learn a thing or two, I would...LOL! should have checked on a line class record for him, may have done it up there?? Great Story, I fish alot with ol crow he is 74 and it is a ball just spending the day and BS'n with him, he would fall out the boat on a fish like that!....

12. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Kenny,
    That story is worth braggin about, a 27 pound carp is not an easy fish to land, especially on 4 pound line. Thats just amazing, i bet the gears are about toast in whatever reel he was using. Ive hooked into some carp of similar size with much larger line and still have had a darn good fight on my hands. Tell him job well done!! rspd507

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great story and we hope to see some pics soon. Thanks for sharing. -Jim-

14. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Thanks a lot for the story. We buried my Uncle Lawrence last week. He was 93 and carp were his favorite fish. He loved to tell the story of "AUNT MARY (his late wife) AND THE BIG CARP". She had hooked a big carp in their pond, and when she saw how big it was, she just slung that pole over her shoulder and ran up the bank until it was flopping on the bank. Needless to say, she wasn;t using 4lb. test.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fellas AS SOON AS MY BROTHER GETS THEM DEVELOPED I WILL GET EM UP,I WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES AS BAD AS YOU ALL.I HAVE TO TAKE A PIC OF THE POLE TO...$2.50 YARD SALE SPECIAL...FIXED THE TIP AND CLEANED ER UP:eek:oooh: HE FOUGHT IT FOR 15-20 MINUTES BEFORE HE GOT ER UP.

16. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    VERY NICE!!:big_smile: I've caught some carp I thought were big, but 27lbs! WOW!

Having it on 4lb line would have just worried me to death until I put a net around that bad boy. I can't wait to see those pictures

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Very nice. I got carp that big but never on 4 pound test usually 20-30 pound test for me. Cant wait for the pics.

18. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have caught some big carp before but nothing like that on 4# line. That would have been a heart pounding experiance. Tell your uncle congrats on that amazing catch.

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for sharing the story. Carp are a lot of fun and have saved many fishless days for me!

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Carp are like batting cages, always open for business.:cool2: