Bloomington-Normal Members

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by IL Hunter, May 28, 2007.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I just finished college and Moved to Normal, and don't know about spots to fish or any members in the area. Anyone who would be up for helping me out can reply to this post or message me. I'd love to do some catfishing around here.

2. BrianRoberts

BrianRoberts New Member

State:
    IL
    Plenty of good places to catfish around here, I fish the criks a lot myself, what are you looking for??....B...

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm basically jsut looking for spots to catch catfish and people to do it with.

4. Knackman

Knackman New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Alot of good fishing fairly close but I think Clinton lake
    is the best bet for good size catfish

5. travisp

travisp New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Clinton Lake is good. You'll have lots of luck from shore (under Dewitt Bridge) or in boat around the discharge. We just bought a boat and are starting to explore more areas. As you, we are looking for people to go fishing with. Let me know if you're interested in doing a little fishing.

6. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've never fished Evergreen Lake, but my grandpa says the channel size there is good. Before you go, check on their regs as they added boat restrictions, etc. I personally would reccomend Powerton Cooling Lake near Pekin if you want to get channels, or bass. It's a damn good hole, last time we caught 31 between 3 of us. The biggest catch that day was 5 lbs. Good bank fishing from what I hear, but we go out in a boat.

7. Knackman

Knackman New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    they stocked miller park in bloomington for the kids fishing derby with 1500lbs of cat fish
    I there may have been 100lbs takin out
    I heard they put 1 in that was 18lbs:crazy:
    and alot in the 4 to 6 lbs range

8. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Oh man!! Your on my turf!! There are many great places to go fishin at. You got Lake bloomington (My personal Favorite) Lake Evergreen, Dawson lake (or Marine View) Clinton Lake, Mackinaw River (Lots of Gar) A ton of little ponds near new subdivisions, miller park (don't recommend eating any fish out of there), white oak park (great for eatin size and boosting your moral).

Man I keep busy around here. I'm always up for goin fishin (Don't mind when I kiss the fish) and have a blast doin it. I typically use raw shrimp around these here parts and that cats love em to death!!

If ya ever wanna a fishin buddy Just send a PM this way.

Your in a great area for cats brother!!