Blood?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by cubedweller, May 1, 2007.

1. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Anyone know of a source of beef or chicken blood near the Kansas City area? I'm not expecting handouts of any kind and will pay fair market prices for a few gallons if it's available. I've got a bait recipe I would like to try before summer gets here. :tounge_out: A sincere thanks to any and all help I get on this.

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    maybe try local butcher shop.and welcome to the BOC Alex.

3. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Much appreciated, Harry.

I tried one local butcher shop and their response was less than enthusiastic. I thought for sure they'd be happy to sell something they ordinarily throw away. At least I got some good turkey livers out of them, though.
    I'll keep trying for some blood.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome Brother Alex! I'm 2 hours North of you about 90 miles one way! I have a butcher shop in my town! They have given me huge bloody Beef Livers before. I have never asked for Blood,so I don't know But I would be willing to call them and ask if I could get some Blood from them. If I could I'd get it and all it will cost ya is what you'd pay for your gas! Shoot I wouldn't charge ya a dime! I'd be interested in just callin them myself and see if they would put up any fuss about it!:big_smile:

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if you have a chicken packing plant around they will some times give you some chicken blood at least they will in arkansas.

6. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Now I know why I enjoy catfishing so much -- the people I encounter are the most kind and considerate folks you can find. Brother Johnnie, thanks for the tip -- I'll have to find the nearest Tyson plant. Sister Pat, I appreciate your offer and if you can get ahold of some, just let me know and my wife and daughter and I may make a day trip out of it some weekend. By now my wife is used to my gory obsession with catfishing...bless her heart. ;)

I owe everyone a sincere thanks to those who have helped make me feel welcome here.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How much do ya need? PM me and then I'll call and see if I can get such a thing!---------Sister Pat:big_smile:

8. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    you might try bickelmyers in kck 7th and I think cheyenne

9. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Try Nadlers Butchery over in Wellington,Mo.(about 35 mi. E. of KCMO)

10. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You might try Paradise Locker in Trimble, which is just north of Smithville on 169 hwy.

11. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    You folks just keep amazing me -- thanks again to all who have given me a tip.

If you see me on the water (or bank, more like) make sure you give me a shout. I don't drink when I fish, but I'll have to start bringing a cold one or two for my BOC brothers and sisters when I see them.

12. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    There is a huge Tyson plant down south of Olathe about 159th and 169.

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Aren't there some major stockyards there in KC? Thought that was what it was famous for?

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    not many anymore skipeye, now were famous for half assed sports teams And BBQ...LOL

I'll ask around alex, see what I can dig up. Have You asked John?

15. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Brad, at least you dont have the Rams.

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    There's plenty of cattle in the pastures around here. A sharp knife and 10 minutes will get you all the blood you want... :eek:oooh:

My first job out of college was at a medical device manufacturing plant in Arkansas - they designed and built ahpheresis machines (blood / plasma separators), and used cow blood for testing; we'd get it in 5 gallon buckets several at a time. Some of the most vile stuff you've ever seen..

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If ya don't find what your after, PM me. I have a friend that has a private slaughter house. No inspectors and they are killin cattle now that deer season is over. I'm 45 minutes south of Joplin but we can work something out. If it is in a sealed container, UPS may ship it? Would have to check to be certain.

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, but with a little salt and pepper, celery stick, ice, and 2 oz. of your favorite Russian liquor?!?!? Simply delicious...:eek:oooh:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:smile2:

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    And beleive me folks ,branden would drink it. just kidding :roll_eyes:

20. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just 2 oz? :smile2: