blood red

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by shingman6, Dec 9, 2007.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    Has anyone tried the stren blood red line yet and how did you like it?

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I haven't tried it, but don't put too much faith in that business about red disappearing underwater. It will disappear, but only at depths of about 15' or more.

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    This one has kinda confused me. We are suppose to buy red line to disappear underwater and we are suppose to buy red hooks to attract and trigger bites.:confused2: Whats up with that?

I haven't used this particular line but I have use the Cajun red by Shakespeare and it is pretty good line. I did not buy it for its disappearing tricks.

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    cajun red line absorbs the light thus making it invisible ..... alright :smile2:

the BLEEDING RED HOOKS are to attract the rife by reflecting the light

IMO i dont go by any advertisment of that stuff

Cajun line is cheap and a DESENT mainline but a TOP QUALITY leader material.... IMO:wink:

i use it for my mainline on my channel rods when i cast real far away

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    cajun red line absorbs the light thus making it invisible ..... alright :smile2:

the BLEEDING RED HOOKS are to attract the rife by reflecting the light

IMO i dont go by any advertisment of that stuff

Cajun line is cheap and a DESENT mainline but a TOP QUALITY leader material.... IMO:wink:

i use it for my mainline on my channel rods when i cast real far away

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  7. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    All this talk about line color is a bunch of bunk. I've talked to many fishing professionals from many different species and they all say the same thing. "It is more important to find the location and give them the bait they want than it is to find the perfect color of your line."

I have done extensive line color experiments on my own (all unscientific of course) and what I have found is a good quality line and a strong leader line. color is not important.

In case anyone cares I only use high vis green.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im old enough to rember when our line of choice was black dacron or twisted sewing thread so i dont realy care what color my line is.i also use number 18 braided nylon for leaders on my catbobbers to help with wear and tear as the bobber runs up and down the line.it doesnt seem to bother my fish at all.