blood in the cuts

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, Aug 5, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i can get big asian carp, all i need is one and i can fish all day, the qwestion is wen do you chande cuts and will blues hit cutbait fillies or just the bloody ones,my cuts blleed out in a half an hour,but i cant reel in or im snagged, should i leave a cut on for a an hour or 2

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Its definitely not necessary having bloody bait. I'm sure it is better but the fact is that if they are hungry, they will eat it. I use frozen bait a lot and do very well with it. I've also caught one blue after another reusing the same bait...many times. And last but not least I've literally let my bait sit for hours on end and then it finally gets slammed.

I've tried carp but I wont use it anymore, they stink bad and they don't produce cats on a regular basis...but thats just me.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    this might come in hany for me, ill use a ten pound asian then cut em all day and use the fillies for blues,the meats never blood soed but the guts are going on two, i cant wait to try it

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Yeah let us know how it turns out . I have never used carp as cat bait . There is for sure enough bait in the carlyle spillway if it works worth a crap . I personally dont like waiting to long to get a cat . I always use one rod with a shad or bluegill cut or whole depending on where I am fishing . I also set the other pole with dip bait like secret 7 or sonnies blood to keep my self from getting bored . If that dont produce then I will bluegill fish .

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Never used Asian carp for bait but have read several posts on here that say it's good as bait. Tried to catch some with a landing net-bad idea-and almost got knocked out of the boat.:smile2: Keep us posted on your luck and we'll give her a try. Stay safe and keep on sticking 'em!!!:wink:

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I cut my bait into chunks and bag it into a ziplock.Keep all my chunks nice and bloody..If nothing hits and the bait is not all tore up by a turtle or something I toss it back in the bag to get freshened up..I don't let my bait stay in the water for more than 30 min..

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dont let it get hot it will turn to mush. Also if ya can catch another and bleed em off into the bag.

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You ever try a sacrificial rig? I have had luck with a 3 way swivel and use 6# test line and old cast net weights then put your bait on a line with a small float to keep it off the bottom. That way when you get snagged you break the 6# test and lost the old cast net weights and the float keeps your bait away from snags.

9. argeldeggy

argeldeggy New Member

State:
    WA
    WOW LOL:big_smile:

10. argeldeggy

argeldeggy New Member

State:
    WA
    Here in East Washington we have a lot of carp, Im going to try use carp.

11. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Hey Jake
    Personally I'd leave it at least that long seeing you have alot of snags to contend with.
    Catfish sensory organs do not work like human smell. Fish detect concentrations in water with both nasal and body sensory organs, such as skin and barbels and their tongues. The sense of smell we experience is from molecules suspended in air. A fishes sense is through taste/smell suspended in water. Therefore they can pick up even the slightest particles a long way away. You put out a good bloody piece of meat add alittle current to carry it and they will find it even after it bleeds out. Hope that helps you out some. Good luck and good Fishing

12. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    only way i know that works for getting them is to drive the boat real fast in a area you know they are and wait until one jumps in lol.or you could snag one.rumor has it you can catch them with lettuce also,not sure on how that works as i would rather eat the lettuce than feed it to a carp.