Blood donation

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by JMarrs328, Jun 4, 2007.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Hey guys, i live in south central PA, and i am in the "Greater Chesapeake & Potomac Blood Services Reigon." I gave blood for my first time this spring, and i'm eligible again on the sixth of june. I recently recieved a phone call from the American Red Cross, concerning a severe lack of blood as of late in our region. They are asking for people to give blood if they are able to; especially those with type O positive, O negative, and B negative blood. Here is a link to the red cross's site showing how much blood they have left. http://www.my-redcross.org/index.cfm?p=Blood-Supply

I just ask that if you are capable, and healthy enough to give blood, that you consider giving this weekend to help our neighbors in need. Who knows, maybe someday it will be your life on the line, and you'll be the one needing the blood. Thanks guys.

2. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Hate to say it, but thats what they tell everyone everytime they ask... They could be overloaded w/ blood because noones bled in months and they'd still say it because they'd rather have too much rather then not enough.

I'm not going to say don't give blood, but thier story just ends up being the same all the time