blood bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by colburn, Feb 18, 2008.

1. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    im gettin blood for the first time tommorow what are some good ways to prepare or or better off what do i do its ganna be my fist experment

2. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    the locker butchere it today said it will be coagulated tommorow and resady to be picked up do i still need to do all that

3. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Which locker are you getting it from. Be careful some lockers are pretty crappy blood. Everybody makes it different, you need to experiment on what works for you. I know that walker's, mossley, lincoln's and fuller all prepare there blood differently. I know that they all use fresh blood though.

4. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    j and j locker in elkhorn i know they just killed the cow today so it should be fresh

5. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    nice. I am sure that it is. I use to get some of my blood for palmyra and it was bad both times.

6. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    how do you prepare yours cause i was ganna slice it up when i got home am i goin to need to wait and drain the top stuff off for a few days

7. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    cut it into cubes when you get back to your house. Then freeze it if your not going to use it within the next couple of weeks. Add what you want so that it can soak into the cubes. Put into ice cream buckets and put into the freezer.

8. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    will gallon freezer bags work

9. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    never tried it. Probably though

10. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    what should i add to it

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I heard you can jellaton.I'm sure I spelled that wrong.(sorry)

12. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i get it in 5 gallon buckets and its already coagulated so how do i get it in the cake pans or how do i go about doin it that way

13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    mariofish just do it:smile2:

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have made and used blood for yrs and to do it right you do need to let it set and keep draining.This will take a least three days in the frig.
    If you have a 5 gallon bucket heres what I do.. I but in two cups of brown shugar 1 cup of rock salt ( helps to harden it) and about 2 tsp of pure anisa oil.Once done pull out and cut into usable chunks.Freeze in seal tight containers.

15. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    do i put that stuff in after i drain the excess blood or from the very begining

16. catfishlarryiowa

catfishlarryiowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The best way is to experment your self. it took me a couple years to get the formula down right.but when you do you will be happy with the results.you have already goten a few good points from others so try the first bach then go from there. Larry.

17. houghty26

houghty26 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great advice guys for a newbie!