Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Which locker are you getting it from. Be careful some lockers are pretty crappy blood. Everybody makes it different, you need to experiment on what works for you. I know that walker's, mossley, lincoln's and fuller all prepare there blood differently. I know that they all use fresh blood though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
cut it into cubes when you get back to your house. Then freeze it if your not going to use it within the next couple of weeks. Add what you want so that it can soak into the cubes. Put into ice cream buckets and put into the freezer.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
I have made and used blood for yrs and to do it right you do need to let it set and keep draining.This will take a least three days in the frig.
If you have a 5 gallon bucket heres what I do.. I but in two cups of brown shugar 1 cup of rock salt ( helps to harden it) and about 2 tsp of pure anisa oil.Once done pull out and cut into usable chunks.Freeze in seal tight containers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The best way is to experment your self. it took me a couple years to get the formula down right.but when you do you will be happy with the results.you have already goten a few good points from others so try the first bach then go from there. Larry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.