Blood Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by ozzyso44, May 7, 2007.

1. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Has anyone ever used this stuff?? How would it stay on the hook in the mighty mo? Any thought's and ideas would be appreciated.

2. cheeseheadking

cheeseheadking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If your going to use blood bait, you have to buy the hooks with the sponges on them. You get the sponge wet and than dip it into the blood bait.

3. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    This bait was being sold at B&B Marine in Smithville for $9.99 and had mackerl soaked in blood. They said that a person could use it over and over again.???? Thoughts???

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Lots of different ways of fishing with blood. If you use sponges and the liquid part of the blood, I think you're going to be refilling your sponge pretty often. I think most people prefer to use the clots; or, if they do use the liquid, it's mixed into some sort of dough/punch bait. Clots can be treated with salt and/or brown sugar to toughen them up enough that they will stay on a treble hook without pantyhose, cheesecloth, etc. The best way to keep the clot on the treble is to attach heavy mono to the treble, then thread it through the middle of the clot, sliding the clot down onto the prongs of the treble. That way, the mono helps keep the clot on.

5. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I think you're talking about Orient Express. I wouldn't say it's so much a blood bait as a supercharged cut bait. If you don't get a fast bite, you'll want to throw your chunk back into the blood to re-soak, and pull out another chunk that's been marinating. This stuff is expensive, but worth every penny. Oily and bloody, it will work in river or lake.

6. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    That's the name --- Orient Express.