blood bait???

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ranman92, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I really don't hear of 2 many people using blood bait in ohio. My dad and I just got a couple gallons of fresh cow blood and just wondered if it would even be worth our while to use it, I am really just wondering if any of the other Ohio BOC members have used blood bait and if they have done well or not caught anything. It seems most of the blood bait success stories I read about are from the south. I saw the cabellas king kat in santee cooper down south 3 of the top 4 were using blood bait but like I said that is in the south where it is alot warmer I would appreciate any feedback. THANKS!!!!!

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I've used chicken blood before, but you can't find it now. There was a prossessing plant on the edge of Arkansas that we would go to and get it in 5gal buckets. We made out own bait. Beef blood may work. Keep us posted on hoe it works.

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i dont think the fish care wheather you are north south east or west, Id try it and see, The fact is blood attract the fish

4. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Yeah we are definitely going to try it. My brother is married to a butchers daughter and we have used beef spleen the last couple years and it has worked decently. Really havent caught a whole lot on the spleen but when we do they are big fish. So we are definitely going to try it thanks for the input.

5. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Looks like you have good trading material for some shad at Spencer!!!:tounge_out:

6. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Definitely some good stuff to trade for some shad. We are mixing alot of the blood in with the spleen so you will have to take some spleen to use it.

7. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    ok nevermind!!!!:smile2:

8. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    oh you will take some justin cuz this stuff should be some good bait it will be a good trade my dad already is mixing a batch for you.