Blizzard of 2009!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bownero, Dec 26, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    here's some pics of the Chrismas Blizzard of 2009!! taken in Hastings, Ne. We had approximately 6-7" of snow, with winds gusts as high as 60mph yesterday!! Created alot of drifting. Took us 3hrs. to snowblow our driveway.

Attached Files:

• 149.jpg
      149.jpg
      File size:
      12 KB
      Views:
    • 148.jpg
      148.jpg
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
    • 140.jpg
      140.jpg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
  2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Snow!! Snow!! and more of the white stuff!! some of the pics are in our backyard and taken across the street at our neighbors residence!!

Attached Files:

• 142.jpg
      142.jpg
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
    • 147.jpg
      147.jpg
      File size:
      16.7 KB
      Views:
    • 144.jpg
      144.jpg
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I see your problem,,, you have a Chevy in that picture,,,a Good Ford 4x4 doesn't need a plowed road or driveway,,,,:smile2:

Hey it is steady coming down here...

4. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Wow, So thats what snow looks like,,,:eek:oooh:
    Thanks for the pics,,,cool
    Puddle

5. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    LOL, YOU RIGHT THEY DONT, BECAUSE THAY ARE BROKE DOWN IN THE WINTER.

6. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    Just kidding man. i like Chevys, Fords, and some old Dodges,"1983 ramcharger" I just had to give you some grief when i seen your post.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    LMAO!! Sorry bro, but I own a FORD!! That's my neighbor's Chevy!! LOL!! Matter of fact, my Ford Sport-Trak pulled out a Chevy Tahoe yesterday. The Tahoe got stuck trying to pull out another Chevy 4x4!! Idiots got stranded in front of our house when leaving a Christmas party!! Heck, I made $20!! To bad there wasn't more getting stuck by us.!!:roll_eyes:

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I have a Chevy and have never been stuck in snow. LOL

9. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    My first ride was a 1983 ford single cab 4x4. Bought it for $300. It was dubbed the bondo bandit. The body had puddy around the cab corners and when driveind down the road bondo would fall off when I hit a pot hole. But the four wheel drive worked great. Never got caught in the snow or mud, as long as i wasn't being a bumb a$$.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah Paul!! You live in Georgia, where 1" of snow is considered a Blizzard!!:roll_eyes: LOL!!:smile2:

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Geez Mark you look cold! You know, I have never seen snow in person:crazy:

Jaime

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Heck Jaime!! I'll invite you to our home and you can help with the snowblowing!! LOL! Guarantee, you'll get sick of it sooner or later!! Yes, it was a little chilly this morning. Around 12deg with a 15-20mph wind! Midwest weather at it's finest!!

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    No kiding Mark:big_smile: I gues I will have to stop complaining I got up at 3 in the morning it was in the lower 50 no wind whats so ever and thought it is freezing! LOL:smile2:
    Please excuse my ignorance but a snowblower is it almost like a leaf blower;was just wondering.

Jaime

14. Thanks for the pics!!!!:roll_eyes:

Ahh, the old Ramcharger, I had a 85 with a 360 that I installed a HEI and Computer carb off a gm, along with a cam, that baby screamed.:big_smile:

Hate Fords, had GM's and Dodges. Got a 89 Suburban right now.

How's this for a redneck Caravan! All terrains, Air horns, led's, pulled that 19 Fiberglass boat up the local snow covered ramp, just had to steer back and forth, haha, that was a great vehicle, even hauled the quad in the back of it.:smile2:

15. ...and here is my brother's, very fun to cruise around in.:big_smile:

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    In a way it is. It's like a snow vacuum, with a rotating blade the picks up the snow and slings it out a spout. Gas operated! Our's is a 7hp. with a 24" cut Snapper.. Wishing today we owned a bigger Snowblower!! Could of used it!! LOL!

17. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    We got about 14-16 inches and a lot of drifting...I have a craftsman 3 stage and it has a big auger around 30 in:crazy::crazy:...Im not sure on the horse power...I also have a shovle it is about 24 inches wide and had a steel core:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:..O i for got the shovle is blus on the end...ALso got a 7.3l POwerstroke f-250 with a BOSS V-plow

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I will agree with you. That is a lot of snow. Just keep it up there.:wink:

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know the feeling Brother,I live in Northwest Missouri approximately 1 and 1/2 miles off the Interstate I-29 out in the Country. I have 5 foot snow drifts in our Country road. Waiting for the County to come plow us out. Hope not to have an emergency between now and when they plow,cause we'd be in a world of hurt. Blasted country roads and even worse Blasted County!!:angry:

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

Must be your expert driving....lmao....:wink: