Blizzard here

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SHARON FLEMING, Mar 2, 2007.

1. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Yesterday we had very bad blizzard condition here in Soutwest Iowa, schools and most business were closed and still remain closed to day. Interstate 29 & Interstate 80 are both still closed. Traveling has almost been impossible, my daughter owns a restaurant in Carson IA which is about 35 miles east of us and their condtions were terrible, she on;y lives 5 mile from the reastarunt and it took them over an hour to get home and they had a big tractor plowing the way in front of them. My other daughter lives outside of Carson on an acreage and she can't even see her car in the driveway because of 8 ft snow drifts.
    I am saying prayers for the people in Alabama, I know they ae all going thru a rough time right now It is so sad to see that many people lose their loved ones and their homes.

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Sharon, I know the feeling. I live north of you guys in Elk Horn, and we are pretty well stuck in Elk Horn, all roads going out are blocked. The great thing about a small town is, everyone is pulling together and helping each other with stuck vehicles, shoveling and blowing the snow off driveways, and even the streets, there are about 10 tractors with blades and buckets who are all pitching in and digging everyone out!! 1 more reason I am so glad to live in a small town!

Hope you get dug out, SOON!!