Blisters

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Aug 3, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can someone please give me some sure fire remedy to get blisters to stop hurting. As most of you all know I went back to work this week and being a nice guy today when i w asn't driving I helped do some sweeping a parking lot so we can get it ready to asphault.Problem is I got blisters in the palms of both hand s ( and yes they have broke open )now they hurt like you know what. was wondering is there anything to put on them to stop the burning and hurting. Don't have to work tomorrow (thank goodness for small miricales anyway)

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Vasoline works for me.

3. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Wash your hands with soap and water before touching blisters. Blisters can easily become infected.
    If you have a large blister, you might consider draining it. Clean a needle with rubbing alcohol or soap and water, then use it to gently puncture the edge of the blister. Press the fluid in the blister toward the hole you made. Wash the blister after you have drained it, and pat it dry with clean gauze.
    Do not remove the flap of skin covering the blister unless it tears or gets dirty or pus forms under it. If the blister has just a small puncture or break, leave the flap of skin on and gently smooth it flat over the tender skin underneath.
    Apply an antibiotic ointment, such as polymixin B or bacitracin, if you are not allergic to it. The ointment will prevent the bandage from sticking to the blister and may help prevent infection. Do not use alcohol or iodine on the blister because these may delay healing. Do not use an ointment if you know you are allergic to it.
    Loosely apply a bandage or gauze. Secure the bandage so the tape does not touch the blister. Do not wrap tape completely around a hand, arm, foot, or leg because it could cut off the blood supply if the limb swells. If the tape is too tight, you may develop numbness, tingling, pain, or cool and pale or swollen skin below the level of the tape.
    If the skin under the bandage begins to itch or develops a rash, stop using the antibiotic ointment.
    Change the bandage every day and any time it gets wet or dirty. You can soak the bandage in cool water just before removing it to make it less painful to take off.

Found on www.webmd.com
    This site is where i find out anything about medical problems and remedies. Hope it helps.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    was gonna give you REPS for helping out with that info but was told I gotta spred it around first. So I'll just say thank you and GOD BLESS!!

5. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    No problem. Just trying to help a fella out. That site has lots of medical stuff that is really easy to find. Hope it helps out.
    Take care and god bless.