Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Blind your bait for Flatheads

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  JERMSQUIRM 
#1 ·
Not the catfish, the bait. I was getting alot of snags and couldnt figure out y at first then i realized my bait must have been swimming into cover and getting me snagged up. So i started poking their eyes out so they couldnt find cover and swim around more frantically. I have been having more success since doing this. has anyone else ever tired or heard of this tactic?

#2 ·
Never heard of making the bait blind. I just cut their tail off. Not the meaty part, just the tail itself. They thrash around and dont make any progress. Cats seem to love it. GoodLuck with the blind baits.

#4 ·
I've had pretty good sucess of poking through the bottom lip and out the middle of their head. If your weight is big enough and the bait isn't strong enough to move it it pans out pretty well. They seem to live pretty long that way and are still capable of swimming enough to attract the fish but not well enough to get away.

#10 ·
I always want my bait to be able to see the prey coming for them. It gets them more agitated and nervous causing them to put off more vibration for the flathead to detect. I could be wrong but it works for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.