blewett falls nc 11-14-09

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by countryboy79, Nov 14, 2009.

1. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Its was a pretty day so i had to go fishing!!! The water was high, muddy and moving fast. I fished above the rock shoal for 45 mins. Caught nothing!!! I moved down river in the middle of the rock shoal behind an island. Had one hit in 30 mins. Moved down river again past the rock shoal, rite beside another island. Finaly started catching fish. I fished that spot from 30 mins before dark to about 30 mins afther dark. I caught 4 blues and 1 channel. 15lbs 10lbs 7lbs 4lbs and 2lbs. I guess that aint to bad and I had fun!!!! Only took one pic.

2. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    HELLO IS EVERY BODY ASLEEP !!!!!!!!

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Congratulations!!
    Nice fish!!

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  5. coonboydan

coonboydan New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I went to Blewette Falls Power house side today,fishing off the wall.meet about 12 mexicans,they were reeling in the cat fish ,about 2 t0 5 lbs. I watched them catch about 30 cats between them,now you want beleive what kind of reel and bait they were using, naw,!! I ain't going to tell ya.But if you persist,here go's They had their line wrapped around a plastic 20 oz. water bottle,it casted like a bullet for more than 100 yds,no back lash,beleive it or not.Ok the bait is next,I ought to keep this a secret,but I never could keep my mouth shut,are you ready?? MEXICAN SOAP,yea old type lye soap you wash your dirty ears with,it even had CATFISH bait ritted on the wrapper,They bought it at a Mexican store in Ellebre nc. I gotta go,before they sell out,later,COONBOYDAN,I forgot sumthing,the soap is pink!!! no kidding.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  6. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    those folks have no respect for our country our the law...:angry:

7. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    were they breaking the law in this case or is that a generalization. If they were breaking it you should call the NCWRC folks and hope they can make it before they leave. If you have a camera or camera phone, take a photo of the license plate.

8. wtjordan84

wtjordan84 New Member

State:
    NC
    The funny part is this....not only can those Mexicans outfish you with a soda bottle and a bar of soap, but they can also probably spell better than you!
    It just really cracks me up that the people who rip on Mexicans are the same people that can't even spell their own names. How ignorant can you be? Learn to speak and write the English language before you jump to any accusations about someone from another culture.
    And just to clear things up, can someone explain what law is being broken here? Is it illegal to catch fish without a rod and reel? Thanks

9. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Dang i never thought my post would become a racist thing... That just shows us that we don't have to spend a lot of money on fishing tackle to catch catfish. We just got to watch, try new things and learn from our mistakes to see what works the best..

10. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc

hey thanks for the post and for the info!!!! Let me know how the soap works for you!!!!

11. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was born and raised in america,I'am a hard working tax tax-paying american, so yes I get pissed off when people come to america illegally and chit on the american way of life;....... it don't have nothing to do with race it's about them being criminals................................. GOD BLESS YOU SIR.....

12. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    Did you check to see if they were legal or illegal or are you generalizing they all are illegals and all criminals? I have met some folks here legally that work hard and are good members of the community and good family folks.

I encourage those that have these concerns to put their money where their mouth is and don't eat anywhere that has immigrants working there, don't shop anywhere and don't hire anyone. You'll have to do lots of checking but its not hard to peek into a kitchen or see who is stocking shelves. Also tell those that run the places you quit using why you are no longer going to do business with them.

13. hookm

hookm New Member

State:
    north carolina
    how do i get to the power house from sr74

14. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Going west from Rockingham , cross the bridge and make the first right.
    Go about 10 miles and look for the white sign on the right or left. Make the right at the sign.

Going east , turn left prior to crossing the river. Follow the above directions from here.

Good luck!!

If this doesn't assist , visit www.ncwildlife.org and click 'Fishing'.

15. hookm

hookm New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went to powerhouse today and got skunked no one was catching anything better luck next time

16. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    the water temp is probally to cold for the cats at the power house. Most of those cats has done moved back down south. Try at the anson county boat ramp in blewett falls lake, that is rite above the power house. if you got a boat you can catch shad at the big danger bouis in frount of the dam and catch cats around the same place. If you havn.t caught a cat in 1 hour of fishing in the same spot MOVE. Just keep doin that. During the winter it takes a cat about 45min to make its mine up,,, to bite that hook or not!!!!!