Blewett Falls Lake report 1/21/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigcatwannabe, Jan 22, 2008.

1. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    caught 26 yesterday from lunch until dark, but everything was under 10 lbs. i guess ill have to do some more looking before the next outing to find some bigger fish, but those smaller ones sure did keep us busy

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Do any of you guys fish the river below Blewett Falls dam? I was up there one day last week, but didn't venture very far from the 74 bridge area. I know there are a lot of shoals downriver, as well as upriver, but just wondered how hard it is to navigate on normal water levels.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tommy I usually head up that way every year in the spring for a camping trip right below the dam. VVVVVVERY ROCKY up there and very hard to navagate except na small jon boat or a jet dive boat. There are some huge blues up there though. The largest we have got is a 51lber but there are some hawgs up there.

4. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    yeah, there is great fishing below the damn, and if u have a large boat you really cant go far either direction for the rocks, maybe 200 or 300 yards, but ill tell you that weeknights are usually the best fishing because they have all the wheels open, during the weekend they usually close them to keep the lake full for boating

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks, folks. I will be going up that way on a regular basis over the next few months, and maybe I can work in some time to fish a little. I was reading a magazine article about a guide who fishes the stretch below there, to the SC border, and he talked like access was very limited. He had access through private property, or something, and spoke of some good fishing.