Blewett falls lake 7/15

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cattmatt_Nc, Jul 14, 2006.

1. cattmatt_Nc

cattmatt_Nc New Member

State:
    north carolina
    going to try blewett falls lake on july at night....

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Good luck on your fishing trip. Take plenty of bait and expect a big catch

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck I hope you catch plenty

4. cattmatt_Nc

cattmatt_Nc New Member

State:
    north carolina
    didnt catch anything much... drifted most of the night. the only thig i caught was 10 or 11 small cats in the cast net on one cast!!!!dont know whathappened had to wait out the storms and got on the lake around 10 or 10 30

5. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Matt,
    There was a tournament Friday night there, nothing big was caught in the lake. Bait was easy to catch but not cats. I have caught several small catfish in my cast net before up there too. Anyway good luck next time. Think I'm gone stick to the river, the lake is just too hard to fish.

6. cattmatt_Nc

cattmatt_Nc New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yeah they said only 26 pounds won the turnament... well i want to go to the river sometimes but i live right here in between laurinburg and maxton. but i cant get my dad to go because he is to worried about the water being off. and if it is then our boat would be very hard to monever in those rocks.. because it is a 1448 and it is front end heavy...

7. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

just one of those off nights.. it happens but i really hate it when the bucks are on the line.. hey i bet that was fun getting those small cats at of your net.. i hate that i was throwing my net about a week ago and got about twenty of those barbed little cats hate that.. hey better luck next time.. that guy that won the tourney .. i say he is the best down here .. he fishies about every day .. and also guides some .. i am gunning for his spot down here but i doubt that will happen .. we are planning a fall tournament hope to here from you soon.. also what part of the river did you fish

8. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Alan,
    I was curious if 28.5 was still the big fish after I left or did anyone else have a bigger one? It was a very tough night to fish.

9. cattmatt_Nc

cattmatt_Nc New Member

State:
    north carolina
    right below the dam... and yes it was very fun trying to get those barbed cat fins out of my net:roll_eyes: ... all of them seemed to be small blues except one flathead

10. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

sorry for the slow response.. my computer is in need of a tune up.. yes 28.5 was big fish and most weight was 69.lbs.. robbie walked away with
    1,500 dollars .. yes it was tough that is usually the way it is when the lake is still .. i beleive if the hydro had been pulling water it would have been a good night ..

11. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    lol, i almost cried when my partner lost that big flathead, i could see dollar signs all over him, i took a chance and fished some heavy logs and lost my big fish, o well, maybe next year ill get my act together