Blewett Falls 7-16-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dearl, Jul 18, 2009.

1. dearl

dearl Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fished the lake Thursday evening, nothing, not even a nibble. I dont know where the fish went, but they were not where we were fishing. Friend of mine just bought a new carolina skiff and we tried it out. Man thats a nice boat for catfishing, good and solid. We could not take it above the rock shoals, maybe the reason we went home empty handed. I busted the prop on my boat 4th of july weekend, waiting on my new one to come in, I'M READY TO GO.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  2. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey i fish blewett falls lake all the time to. I read your post about scotty's 4th tournament . I was in that one to I weight in 3 fish at 25lb i should have done better but i spent to much time in 1 spot. I all so fish the one in aug. the last one they had. I came in 2 place in that one . I had 3 fish weight in at 38lb. I fish my but off that nite.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    What length/model Carolina Skiff did your bud get? I have a J-16 and they are indeed, SOLID boats!

Bill in SC

4. shadowman

shadowman New Member

State:
    nc
    i am planning on fishing blewett falls lake the next couple of weekends. how far bake up the lake can i go before i should start to worry about hitting rocks. and where should i try fishing for those big cats at in the lake part or up the river. thanks for any advice.

5. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    If your are puttin in at anson county boat ramp. Go up river u will see the top of the dam to your right so go to your left. Go about a mile you will see alot of stumps on your right . Use live bait around those stumps for big flat heads. Going to the rocks from the boat ramp keep the red bouies 30 yards on your right. Go pass the big inlands and it will open back up into a lake. keep going up intill you get to the small inlands. Thats were the rocks start. You can catch blues around those rocks.

6. shadowman

shadowman New Member

State:
    nc
    fished blewett falls today. didn't have any luck maybe next time.

7. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I went to blewett falls last fri morn. I caught 3 cats a 10lb blue a 7lb blue and a 4lb flat head. All off of cut shad. Only fish for an hour. The boy that went with me didn't tell me he couldn't stay long untill i was 4 miles from the boat ramp.:sad2:

8. fisherhead

fisherhead Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ah man that sux...hope u get to go back soon.

9. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Don't worry i'am going again in the morn. , by my self that way i can stay as long as i want.

10. fisherhead

fisherhead Member

State:
    North Carolina
    good deal man...let us know how you do.

11. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I went fri morn to blewett falls. I fish in the lake part first. I had a few lil bits thats all. I moved up in the river part, seen a really big rattle snake crossing the river. I finally started catching fish . I caught one 6lb flat head, a 3' gar , a 3' eel and i hung a big fish but it pulled my swivel apart thats the second time that has happen. I must have bought some bad swivel. They are trash now. I'll get that big one next time.