Blewett falls 5-19-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dearl, May 19, 2009.

1. dearl

dearl Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Been fishing the upper end of the lake most of the week, catching blues from 10 -20 lbs. Seems like most of the fish are ready to spawn, but haven't made up their mind yet. 10' TO 18' with the occasional bottom bite on cut shad. Haven't caught any on live shad yet. Going to try the upper end of the islands, across the shoals friday night, usually catch pretty good fish up there. :wink:Anybody going to be fishing here this weekend?

2. pee dee strike zone

pee dee strike zone New Member

State:
    nc
    i should be up there this weekend some time not shure what day .. been fishing the upper lakes and have been having some really good sucess... blues and flat heads

3. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Might be up that way this weekend and try them out. Been fishing at the power house for shad have just about enough in the freezer so maybe I will do a little cattin this wekend. Thanks for the info.
    PeeDee Cat

4. pee dee strike zone

State:
    nc
    are you planning to enter the tournament . on the lake .. looks like its going to be a big one.. looking to have some fun and safe fishing

5. dearl

dearl Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yes sir, wouldn't miss it, and I think this one will be bigger than any in the past, at least I hope it will. My son's hooking up to the boat as we speak, going to do some prefishing, caught 2 yesterday afternoon that would have won it, but you know how the fish are when there is money involved, they get lock jaw. Going above little river today if the waters up enough. had to get out and pull my boat through the shoals last night, but it was worth it.:big_smile:

6. pee dee strike zone

State:
    nc
    hey man sounds great look forward to seeing u there .. good luck ..

7. redneck-j

redneck-j New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what is the best way to get over the shoals, the main channel or the canal from mountain creek? I would like to try to get up there soon.

8. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    thanks 4 report, i be below the dam tryin 2 hammer some big flatheads, on down towards the state line. its rugged down there as u know but if ur gonna be dumb u gotta b tough!!!!

9. pee dee strike zone

State:
    nc
    the best way is up the main lake way .. once u past the small island stay just to the right and easy your way up .. that is about the best way even if u get hung on a rock the water is about 1 and half deep just get out and pull your boat .. thanks and good luck dont forget the tournament see ya there

10. dearl

dearl Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Alans right, if you go past the small island stay to the right, but be careful! You can go through mountain creek, but if the water is down, you will have to pull your boat through, no question about it, and its alot further drag than the main channel. I plan to fish up there in the morning, from what I can tell you will have no problem getting anywhere in the river right now, looks to be 6' up the bank, but watch the logs, they will be everywhere.If you have never been up there take it slow till you get used to it, after the shoals stay out of the middle of the river, it will fool you.