Blazer vains and Broadheads.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bnewsom71, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Here is something I have just run across. I have just recently switched my vains over to the short blazers. And wouldn't ya know it.... the next day someone is telling me you can not shoot a fixed blade broadhead with them because with them combined, they make the arrow not fly true. :confused2: Anybody shoot fixed blade with the short blazer vains? If so, how ya doing with them. Right now I shoot the 3-blade Rage, but would like to hunt out of a ground blind this coming season, with the shoot thru windows. Should I just stay with the rage or what? Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!

2. BigMike42420

BigMike42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson Kentucky
    Man i've been shooting blazers with muzzy 4 blades for 3 years now and love them! I dont have to resight my hoyt anymore when I switch from feild points to broadheads.:wink:

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Cool! Thanks for the reply Mike! Sounds to me like I am going to continue to change them over as planned. Oh - Good luck in the woods this year!

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I shoot Muzzy 3 blade and Rage heads with blazers and have no troulbe with accuracy at all. My arrows are fletched with a few degrees of righ helical. It's not much, but you can see a slight curve of the vane which is plenty to steer my broadheads.

The most imprtant thing to getting good broadhead arrow flight is to have your bow in tune. That will cause more inconsistencies with broadhead/fieldpoint grouping than which vanes you choose.

The best part about the Blazer vanes is that they are tough as nails. I use Goat Tuff to glue them to my shafts and the vane will rip in half before peeling off due to bad glue. If one does come unglued, it's due to me not getting the vane all the way flat on the shaft while letting the glue dry.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have heard the same thing even before i tried it. this will be my 2nd season shooting 2" blazers and 3 blade muzzy broadheads. i now get the same performance with broadheads that i do with field points. as stated above, the vanes are super tough. i use a shoot through rest, and no longer have the curling of the vane i had with other types of fletching. mine are only 2 degrees right helical on my jig, you don't need much helical on these vanes at all.

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Ive been shootings blazers for a couple of years now with Muzzy 3's and NAP HellRazors and they fly just fine. Just about any combo will shoot staight if your bow is tuned well.

7. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    I shoot blazers with a fixed blade montec. I get great arrow flight and will never shoot 4 inch fletching agian.

8. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    works just fine. although i do still think the best for broadhead accuracy is a four inch vein with plenty of helicle

9. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH BLAZER VANES AND FIXED BLADE BROADHEADS. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FINE TUNING BEFORE THE SEASON.

10. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Great thread, I am in the same boat. I had heard bad things about the blazers with fixed broadheads but I just put them on 2 days ago and love them. Three blade Muzzy's have always shot great for me and now I have a vein that is as tough as they are.

11. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I shoot a 340 gr Easton Epic arrow with blazer vanes matched to a 100 gr TightPoint Shuttle-T broadhead and am really impressed with how they fly. I've seen no difference between them and field points. I shoot a 70-lb Hoyt bow and needed no adjustment to my sight pins. Plus, combined with the thinner diameter of the arrow I get tremendous penetration. The other day I had a shot go completely through a Block 4x4...granted, it's getting pretty well shot up. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Mike

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    if your bows tuned right they shouldnt drift too bad.. ive found with some of the bigger bladed broadheads that they dont fly true anyways

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have read that the blazers were made for broadheads. They are wider and that keeps broadheads flying true