Blast on the Brazos

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by recordbreakin1, Aug 6, 2009.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Went out to the brazos the last night and went down to a good sized hole and caught a bunch of blues and 5 flats.The biggest blue went about 30# and the biggest flat went probly went 35 to 40#s.The fish were all caught pretty quick except for the biggest flat that bit around 6am.

2. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    MORE details,please! What part of the Brazos you fishing? Using live perch? That is an excellent report,especially from the Brazos where I usually catch 2-6 pound channel cats.. Thanks for the great update. luke clayton

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Luke,
    There is a spot on the brazos downstream from Waco about 10miles below the Low water dam that is a hotspot. If it wasn't for all the sandbars and shallow water in between, it would be my favorite fishing hole.
    It is one of those places where you need a 10' jon boat or kayak to get to it. I have personally wore out the blues here, and know folks who have caught flatheads up to 50lbs on rod and reel out of this one hole.
    I will take alot of pics and post report on that as soon as I can fish it.

4. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    You need to call me and let's go there. I have a 12 foot Nucanoe that is ideal for this type fishing. Would make an interesting article, I believe. lc