Blades on a fish finder rig....?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bluebruiser@Jmestwn, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

Bluebruiser@Jmestwn New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Occasionally i put two beads and colorado blade on my leader on top of my 8/O circle hook...It really works well,someone said that some cat charters use a similar rig..I live on the Chesapeake we use same thing down sized on a bottom rig for floundas.............some feed back,just wondering if anyone else has used this rig,if so how has it worked for you?Im used to the"That isnt gonna work"......but it does.

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    never used it, but it does give me some ideas. thanks for the post.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    When Stripers are in the river and I fish three way off the bottom,,I pimp my leaders good with 5 beads infront of a spinner blade as big as a quarter. I also put a rubber skirt between the beads and the circle hook. Stripers, Blues, and flatheads love them.

4. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

State:
    Virginia
    Never tried the skirt,but im sure it works.Now i have something else to experiment with..All them hrs on the water never hurts to try new things.Thanks for concurring,and thanks for the extra tip ...im gonna try it :handshake:

5. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I think it would work, I had an old timer tell me he used to use half dollar sized cutouts of aluminum disposable pie pans to use on jug lines.He said the flash would atract them a long ways off.He would also put a minnow only for bait with both threaded on the hook.He claimed the aluminum foil would eliminate most of the bluegill from messing with it as well.Good luck

6. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Was wondering what these were when i saw them on paraguayguys line while fishing the james river last year.Now i know more .going to give them a try this march I dont want 2 trips in arow FISHLESS

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've caught several channels along the mudline throwing a black spinner bait bass fishin. They liked something, spinner baits don't smell like shad or skipjac. It's certainly worth a shot.

8. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

State:
    Virginia
    Now i dont feel so crazy,every time i was to break one of these rigs i would get lots of mixed reactions.But 1 uses them regularly ,the bass man supports the fact,and another is wanting/willing to try it.Id say its not as weird as some may think.

9. Bluebruiser@Jmestwn

State:
    Virginia
    also thats i nice flathead in your picture there buh!

10. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Actually I just received a Catfish book I bought offline in the mail today and was reading. AWESOME book learned alot I didnt know. One section talks about this specifically, I was always under the impression cats eyesight wasnt the greatest hence the whiskers and smell senses were stronger. Well they actually have EXCELLENT eyesight and there is some set-ups mentioned in the "rigging" section that suggest the Beads. I also knew there whiskers "barbs" had taste buds on them but DIDN'T know that actually the ENTIRE catfishes body is covered with taste buds. Book is titled "Pro Tactics Catfish by Kieth Sutton" BEST CATFISHING BOOK I HAVE EVER SEEN. Lots of info from guys like Phil King, James Patterson, Denny Halgren, Joe Drose, and on and on. Copyright 2008 so it's fairly new info. I reccomend it to anybody "chasing" cats from beginner to Pro I bet you learn something. :good: